Will spring ever come?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you for reminding me that i missed updating one of my pages with the only decent picture of the miniature daffodils i've been able to get all week. finally the other day some clouds came over and so the picture wasn't so horribly overexposed as to be good enough. i left the crocus in the foreground because of the scale of things, the miniature daffodils are about 1-1/2 inch across in total. they are our most recent addition via a friend who had them given to her as a spring boquet. she used to throw them away, but has been giving them to Mom so we take them and plant them someplace to see if they'll survive being forced and then planted here.

p4120002_1_Small_Daffodil_thm.jpg

this is the first season they've bloomed. i'll have to divide them and spread them around places for the next season. if i mark their spot and then remember... :)

Last edited:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think our weather is going to start turning a little dryer and warmer, not much precipitation in the next week or so here . I hope dryer weather is coming, our garden is at the bottom of a 8’ bench and is so soggy I cannot walk in it yet. Also need to get started on the fences if it stays dry this weekend.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think our weather is going to start turning a little dryer and warmer, not much precipitation in the next week or so here . I hope dryer weather is coming, our garden is at the bottom of a 8’ bench and is so soggy I cannot walk in it yet. Also need to get started on the fences if it stays dry this weekend.

next week/Monday forecast is finally near 60F. overnight temperatures are still going to be cold, but at least with some warmer/clear days and sunshine i can try to get things done.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And sunshine, @Collector !

Every year I think, "these things could do so much better with more light!"

This year, I feel that it's about the worse for spring sunlight (insert crying emoji)! Starts are stretched, growing like weak vines

Steve