Will spring ever come?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have one lonely little pile of snow in the yard. It's leftover from the big berm that came from shoveling the roof off. Larka is sad. :( She loves her snow.
This is her two years ago, desperately clinging to the last pile, haha.
DSCN3534 (2).JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is that Larka already over 2 years old!? Dog Years Fly!

These words could go on the greenhouse thread, appropriately following @jackb 's post: It was so cloudy last night that the outdoor temperature just barely dropped out of the 40's by morning. Still cloudy, the greenhouse furnace has been working fine and it ran on & off until 11am. The sun was almost out and we had to leave. I opened the exhaust fan but didn't turn it on, set the in-greenhouse fan to run by 78°f and opened the vent. We left, the sun came out, we were gone almost 2 hours.

It was 88° in the greenhouse when we came home. Ooopps! I got the exhaust fan on posthaste! Outdoor temperatures were in the mid 50's but the sun was already disappearing behind heavy clouds. One or two drops of rain fell. Within 30 minutes the greenhouse was 78° and continued to fall. Everything is alright in there. Just a little above the western horizon, the sun is out right now so I don't feel kinda weird having spent the only sunny part of the day driving around.

@thistlebloom , the neighbor across the street has something white in the shady part of his backyard. Until today, I hadn't given it a second thought - assuming it was a little pile of snow. Today, I notice in the background that the berm of snow that the school people piled up on the edge of the playground is completely gone. In the foreground, there's that little patch of white ...

:hu Steve
edit to add: it looks like the week will be just days of clouds and rain, hopefully not too much wind.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Spring has come here, then it goes away. It was 34 degrees here Sunday. Calling for temps in the 30's for this coming weekend. I got some damage on a couple of my tomato plants. I had them on the front porch.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
icicles on the eves this morning from the bit of frost and snow we had yesterday and last night. sunny and not much breeze. supposed to be storms coming and maybe these will go north of us. a good rain would be fine with me.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weatherman said we are about 10 degrees below normal .
Only 10 ? We have been running 30 to 40 below normal. Finally warming up. Should be 70 on Friday only to be back in the 40's on the weekend with ANOTHER POSSIBLE SNOW!

Latest posts