Will spring ever come?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
DEPEW, N.Y. (AP) — An upstate New York police department fed up with lingering cold weather has placed winter under arrest.

The Post-Standard reports the Depew Police Department wrote Friday in a humorous Facebook post that it had arrested the season. Police said any more snow winter produces would be held against it in court.

The department also called for groundhog Punxsutawney Phil to turn himself in for predicting six more weeks of winter. Police joke that they're willing to look past winter's "most recent transgressions" if it works with the department.

New York has experienced wintry weather this month and high winds that caused power outages.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes, it will, just walked outside in a t-shirt and took some pictures. was not cold.

give me a while to get some transferred, edited, posted to website, etc, but promise i have some pictures of FLOWERS!!!!! :)

[edit] just one is worth posting, rest all overexposed and out of focus, too excited i guess... lol will try again some other time...

p4090013_Crocus_thm.jpg

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet y'all are about ready to BBQ that durned groundhog.....

i've heard they are good eating (whistle pig :) ). i just need to scrounge up some more used fencing to protect that bank. there's some old chicken wire back there already but it is falling apart it is so old.

forecast for this coming week is rain, rain, snow, ice, wind, rain and more rain, but the coldest night is now 27 which is much better than 19. :) raining now.

glad i got out yesterday and got some exercise and play in. i really needed it. i slept like a babby...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule and @flowerbug Crazy weather here for sure. Today we may see 70 degrees then a cool down with possible snow again on Sunday! DH is getting very anxious. He picks up his honey bee order on Saturday. :( There are some signs of spring. The maples are budding, pussywillows re all fuzzy ;) green showing in lawn and flower beds. Just no flowers yet. Soon please :fl

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule and @flowerbug Crazy weather here for sure. Today we may see 70 degrees then a cool down with possible snow again on Sunday! DH is getting very anxious. He picks up his honey bee order on Saturday. :( There are some signs of spring. The maples are budding, pussywillows re all fuzzy ;) green showing in lawn and flower beds. Just no flowers yet. Soon please :fl

A couple of weeks ago we had a nice warm day. I walked out the front door and heard buzzing- Oh No! not wasps already! They like to make nests right above the entry - but on second glance it was honeybees!
They were working the Snowdrop blooms by the step. I was pretty surprised to see them, but glad that they got to get out and forage before it got cold again. I sat down on the step and took a little vid of them buzzing in and out of the flowers.
I believe they are my neighbors bees, so I sent him the movie (it was a B movie, haha) and he texted back, "you're welcome". Made me laugh, so I texted back, "you're welcome too", since I provided the flowers. :)

I hope your bees do well this year Carol Dee.
The bees around here had a difficult year in 2017, it was super dry and we had a lot of smoky days from wildfires.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually he did see bees returning with pollen weeks ago when we had a warm day. No Idea where they gathered it! We could not see any trees doing the spring thing yet! But then saw some pussy willows in bud on my bus route.

Latest posts