Windows 10

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Long live Mike!

Actually, though, I think self-driving cars might be nice. We never had kids, so there is no one to monitor us and take our licenses away, should we be lucky enough to live to be old, bad drivers.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
when i got my new to me Imprezza, i looked 1st at the 2015 model with all the bells & whistles. it was nice but had a blatantly huge screen in the middle console that controlled everything......no buttons to feel or nobs to turn/touch that you know how to work without having to look at them. :hu i know everything is trying to go hands free...but when there is no button for that or you have to look over at the screen to see what you hit on your steering wheel's button it makes no sense to me since you are still distracted. i went with a 2014 instead that has a somewhat normal radio that can still connect to my phone if i wanted it to, even though i only use me phone to call home before the car leaves it's parking spot. i have some radio control on the steering wheel but i still reach for the nob once in awhile.

i don't see much reason to have a fully 'connected' car when too many people can't figure out how to use a computer or smart phone! if i had to program my car to just go down the road or go to work i would just throw my hands up & walk the 1 to 27+ miles.

wait........let me think on this......

maybe this is all a conspiracy to get us out of the house & cars to get exercise! :lol:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 8.1 and have installed GWX monitor to prevent windows 10 from being installed. Just don't want to be bothered.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our computer is now getting progressively WORSE with the Windows10. My wife and I haven't been able to get into our e- mail accounts since late Thursday. The disapearance of typed messages at any point of typing it is increasing as well as our typing skills are now to beginner levels. I have yet to get a reply from Microsoft for HELP. :smack

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We bought a desktop with 7 professional I actually like 7, as I have a account with them we bought a all in one
problem is they are not making 7 anymore it has windows 10.. Biggest problem was it wanted a microsoft account to log in
Del techs helped me get around that.
I do not use chrome either I downloaded Mozilla much more stable
I have it on all three of our computers.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right after I posted my above post ... there are now a complete line of circling circles all across the top of my screne and every letter that I type now takes a couple seconds to show up on the screan as well as letters differing of what I typed. So, my typing speed is now down to like 1 1/2% :rant:barnie:barnie

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
way back in the dark ages i had an IBM PC and it ran DOS... a bit later i had
experience with Win 3. and that was ok, but in the end Win98 was enough for me. i had WinXP for a little while but on a very slow dialup line it was impossible to download service packs. i've been running Linux distributions for close to 20yrs and happy with them. yes there are times i have to fix things that break, but since i understand what they are it usually goes ok.

i wouldn't touch Windows now even if someone paid me other than to help out a friend and since i don't know what i'm doing i'm not really qualified. i'm sure i could figure it out if i had to. not being there in person i can only express sympathy and hope it gets fixed soon.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
W10 is pure junk as is the new Microsoft. Why I will stick with an iPad and apps. So much easier and user friendly.

Latest posts