Winter doldrums...Jelly and Jam making time at my house

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what happened Bob. Something obviously contaminated them since the mold was there. Maybe something silly like the rag she used to wipe down the threads and top. You'll probably never know. I sure hope it was a one off thing.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww @aftermidnight I have enjoyed this thread very much. Please jump in more often. You are truly a blessing. You sound like a ton of fun and someone I would love to get to know better. I did not have enough grapes for jelly from concord so I juiced what I had then juiced the Pink Catawba's and combined, there should be enough for a batch. It is in the freezer. Same with the wild black berries and the red raspberries. All mashed and frozen. I am still hoping to make a batch of jam with those combined. But so far winter has been slipping away and I have not felt very ambitious. :(

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight We would love to have you join in some more! Yes, we have a nice family group here, but what happy family doesn't welcome more people to the family? You can't keep that wealth of knowledge to yourself!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't believe you lazy people in winter--making jellies and jams, baby foods, broths, etc..... Me I'm very busy watching college basketball and planning my garden until snow melts. That voice from my DW yelling for me to close my mouth and stop snoring-well she just doesn't realize how dedicated I am to planning...

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@baymule LOL I don't know about a wealth of information, all I can say is I know a little bit about a lot of things, comes from having a curious mind and being around for a long time, luckily some things do stick in the old noggin thanks to you and others for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll become more active here as I get to 'know' all of you. I don't want to be a butinski.
Annette

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule LOL I don't know about a wealth of information, all I can say is I know a little bit about a lot of things, comes from having a curious mind and being around for a long time, luckily some things do stick in the old noggin thanks to you and others for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll become more active here as I get to 'know' all of you. I don't want to be a butinski.
Annette
Go ahead and be a butinski--I am quite the blabberfingers, myself! :gig

Latest posts