Wisconsin Hobby Farmer, Gardener, And #1 Grandma!

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! Right now the only thing bloomed in my gardens is bleeding hearts, flocks, and my yellow irises are getting ready to open. I try to plant so I have something blooming all summer. Sadly my lilacs are about done, oh I love the smell but who doesn't right? Tulips and daffodils are already history but I did buy 400 tulip bulbs/daffodil bulbs on clearance for 1 dollar a bag, kind of excited about planting them this fall might just have to make another bed lol. I am a proud G-ma of 1 G-Son and sadly 1 G-Daughter who is with the angels. I would have skipped being a parent too and went straight for G-babies, could have kept my figure that way too lol. Thanks again for making me feel welcome now I'm off to figure out how to care for my asparagus patch.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am the proud grandmother of six grandchildren -- three from each of my children. What my youngest calls my grandson sandwich. A girl on each end (21 and 12) with four grandsons in between (19, 17, 15, and 13,). Wasn't it nice that they were spaced so carefully? All but my Gypsy! There is a story that goes with why she's out of order.

My precious Connor would have been 15, but left us when he was 2 1/2, so I claim all six and discuss only five.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm very sorry about Connor. I don't know if I'm suppose to say I have 2 grandchildren or 1. I don't want to hurt my daughter's feelings and not acknowledge baby Jaya. It's confusing. The day before her due date 02/28/15 she delivered a still born baby. Fully developed no signs of trauma she just lost all of the amniotic fluid in the womb. Jaya was baptized and it was one of the worst things I have ever dealt with, I can't imagine still, how my daughter copes.
Smart Red loving Connor for 2 1/2 years and then looking him must have been torture when he went home to God. No one can compare losses and grief has no time limit. It's so sad.
One day at a time......
I am ready for a few more grandbabies when ever the kids are, but I hope it's soon lol.
If you feel like telling me about Gypsy I'd love to hear...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shortly after Connor passed in February of 2002, I drove the three oldest grands home to Mt. Horeb after our bi-weekly sleepover at our house. On the way home everything darkening with the evening and the sky -- too light for stars -- was a deep, dark velvety-blue. Tears filled my eyes as I drove home alone in the dusk, grieving my precious Grandson.

All of a sudden as I drove, a bright shooting star made a perfect arc over the road ahead. What could I do but make a wish? Of course, I couldn't get Connor back, which was my first thought. So I wished for a granddaughter to be born in December sometime after Christmas.

Moving on to a bright day in July when my son and daughter-in-law stopped in for a visit. "Did you tell your parents?" by DIL asked.

"Tell us what?" I questioned. "Tell us that you are pregnant and having a girl some time in late December?"

To say everyone was shocked would be an understatement. They had no clue if they were having a boy or a girl. Sure, enough my youngest grandchild, Gypsy Magnolia, arrived on December 28 of 2002.

I call her mine, because I wished for her when her parents had no plans for more children. When she really gets into trouble I am reminded by my son that she's my wish, my problem. Of course, I love all of my grandchildren more than I can measure, but Gypsy will always be a bit special to me.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shortly after Connor passed in February of 2002, I drove the three oldest grands home to Mt. Horeb after our bi-weekly sleepover at our house. On the way home everything darkening with the evening and the sky -- too light for stars -- was a deep, dark velvety-blue. Tears filled my eyes as I drove home alone in the dusk, grieving my precious Grandson.

All of a sudden as I drove, a bright shooting star made a perfect arc over the road ahead. What could I do but make a wish? Of course, I couldn't get Connor back, which was my first thought. So I wished for a granddaughter to be born in December sometime after Christmas.

Moving on to a bright day in July when my son and daughter-in-law stopped in for a visit. "Did you tell your parents?" by DIL asked.

"Tell us what?" I questioned. "Tell us that you are pregnant and having a girl some time in late December?"

To say everyone was shocked would be an understatement. They had no clue if they were having a boy or a girl. Sure, enough my youngest grandchild, Gypsy Magnolia, arrived on December 28 of 2002.

I call her mine, because I wished for her when her parents had no plans for more children. When she really gets into trouble I am reminded by my son that she's my wish, my problem. Of course, I love all of my grandchildren more than I can measure, but Gypsy will always be a bit special to me.
:hugsThanks for sharing.:hugs

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:welcome I have to warn you, my hubby is a member here also.... and it can get interesting. :lol: When he's not working at work, he's in the garden or doing something else to keep out of trouble. ;)

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Gave me goosebumps. What a wonderful story to share with Gypsy! Thanks for sharing your wish..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Loosing a child sure makes you hug the others tighter. I am a better parent for loosing my first born. I appreciate and treasure my kids much more, knowing how easy it is for them to be gone. But when asked, I say I have 2 children, details of the first live in my heart and I don't feel compelled to claim three children.

Latest posts