Wishin's New Baby

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DS thought he was doing me a favor and pulled up all the "dead" plants :he including my oakleaf Hydrangea, and butterfly plants. I had a fun time 2 days later when I found them on top of the compost pile putting them all back into the ground. Just hoping they forgive the interruption and start to reestablish themselves!!!:hide
here is to keeping my fingers crossed!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, those butterfly bushes can look pretty dead this time of year. Mine have to regrow from the roots. The butterfly garden is one place spouse doesn't do much weeding unless we do it together. He admits he doesn't know what's in there.

He hoed a very young butterfly weed out last spring, but I managed to get the roots going back in the proper direction again and it did survive ... so far.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DS thought he was doing me a favor and pulled up all the "dead" plants :he including my oakleaf Hydrangea, and butterfly plants. I had a fun time 2 days later when I found them on top of the compost pile putting them all back into the ground. Just hoping they forgive the interruption and start to reestablish themselves!!!:hide
here is to keeping my fingers crossed!
:fl:fl:fl

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I have been checking every day, and one of the buds have finally opened!!!!!!:weee:weee:weee It took forever:barnie Buy YAY!!!:celebrate
I went out this afternoon and the bud had one petal completely unfurled, but all the others were still in a bud, several hours later I looked again and.......................

And a cool picture of lemon balm that is next to the snowbank blackberry.

As you can see the other buds are starting to swell too. :weee:ya

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh BTW, I know I said I would send those starts out a couple weeks ago, I haven't forgotten. Unfortunately days after offering, family emergencies arose. I have had no time whatsoever for anything, and probably won't for another week or two. It is a good thing it has been raining constantly here lately, otherwise they would probably be dead, I like it when God does my watering for me.:lol: Now if only I could get Him to do everything else
rkY6kT5jgL_s6q1o6aEsmyFTq18_kwgpU8BYuymHQQlNoF8_j5Wgea4AQs-7RJbOb5MBTGhlcasx2UNvQztbRq9d_jMliQH9qTIgrQ=s0-d-e1-ft
I will still get them out, hopefully by June. :fl:fl:fl They are doing fantastic, and I up potted them this morning. They have some nice roots going on:cool: I should have taken pictures:he:he:rolleyes::\

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you still have it in a pot? It looks very healthy and has a lot of buds. Can't wait to hear how they taste.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Now if only I could get Him to do everything else." [wishin']

:thumbsup Rest assured, He does.

:hugs No hurry on sending me that blessing, take care of you and yours. :hugs

Latest posts