Wistful dreams of gardens past, never made ...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Completely off topic here, but I pressed the wrong keys trying to search for a word in a page here, and some how shrunk down all pages for easygarden. I've searched the FireFox pages for that, but nothing. It isn't the control +/- thing. Drat it all. Another thing to be annoyed with.
Put you mouse on the lower right corner click , hold and stretch.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Completely off topic here, but I pressed the wrong keys trying to search for a word in a page here, and some how shrunk down all pages for easygarden. I've searched the FireFox pages for that, but nothing. It isn't the control +/- thing. Drat it all. Another thing to be annoyed with.

it depends upon your desktop as far as if you can just restart the whole system and it will restore the window layouts or not. for mine, if i mess up like that i can restart and all my desktops and windows will come up where i had them and at the right sizes. i will have to sign back on to things but that is ok and normal for me anyways.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it depends upon your desktop as far as if you can just restart the whole system and it will restore the window layouts or not. for mine, if i mess up like that i can restart and all my desktops and windows will come up where i had them and at the right sizes. i will have to sign back on to things but that is ok and normal for me anyways.
Thank you for the idea, but that didn't work. I shut down almost every night, then restart the next morning. I think it is something in FF (FireFox}, cause it only happens on easygarden pages, not any others. Even if I don't use one of my bookmarks. FF seems to remember setting for pages, like if I increase the font for a page, it remembers that for me. I have no idea where these setting are saved. I think this is one of them. I guess I'll have to go open an account with mozilla so I can ask the support forum. Ugh. :he

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a 'default zoom' setting, which sounds like what you describe. Try clicking on the three bars on the far upper right of the screen, then click on 'settings'. Scroll down to find the 'default zoom', which should be set at 100%... if not, try adjusting it. I hope that works. :fl

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There is a 'default zoom' setting, which sounds like what you describe. Try clicking on the three bars on the far upper right of the screen, then click on 'settings'. Scroll down to find the 'default zoom', which should be set at 100%... if not, try adjusting it. I hope that works. :fl
Thanks for the suggestion @Zeedman ... it is set at 100%. :hitI was hoping that your idea was the answering.

Eleanor

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone grown Lungo Di Napoli squash? I'm going to try and grow some this year and am looking for any tips, hints, ideas for success. Thanks.

I've tried for a couple of seasons and it was always the last of my moschatas for female flowers which meant only 1-2 late maturing squash per plant. The few fruit I did harvest were flavorful though for a moschata they didn't store as long as say a cheese type.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you @Eleanor I've an idea what to expect now.

Oh, another questions for you @Eleanor did the male flowers come on early? I'm thinking of crossing it with an earlier butternut. Thanks.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea, but that didn't work. I shut down almost every night, then restart the next morning. I think it is something in FF (FireFox}, cause it only happens on easygarden pages, not any others. Even if I don't use one of my bookmarks. FF seems to remember setting for pages, like if I increase the font for a page, it remembers that for me. I have no idea where these setting are saved. I think this is one of them. I guess I'll have to go open an account with mozilla so I can ask the support forum. Ugh. :he

clear your browser cache (there's a setting for clearing upon exit too). do this once and then exit and restart from scratch. the only things i don't clear out are the passwords and account sign ins that i don't want to type in each time (but for some accounts i do type them in each time).

after you've got things cleared and working as you'd like then you can go back to the cached saving again and not clearing upon exit.

Eleanor

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you @Eleanor I've an idea what to expect now.

Oh, another questions for you @Eleanor did the male flowers come on early? I'm thinking of crossing it with an earlier butternut. Thanks.

From my notes, Lunga was late in all regards compared to its butternut (and cheese-type) cousins: last season's "order"- North Circle butternut, Honeynut / cheeses, then Lunga. HTH!

Latest posts