WR's 2014 Fall Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picked 6 heads of broccoli this morning that will be processed for future meals... After we cut & blanched them, we put them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, we will vacuum pack them. As we have lots more to do, we'll repeat the process again tomorrow.

Broccoli1_120814.jpg

Broccoli2_120814.jpg

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey WR, have you noticed that you have gathered more likes than even the number of posts you've made, and you've not even been here a whole month yet! You just keep wowing us with all this bounty while most of us are frozen in the depths of winter.

Some northerners count it torture, but I think it's the next best thing to daydreaming over seed catalogs. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
VERY NICE bay!!! Is that a purple cauliflower???

Yes. I made broccoli-cauliflower-Amarillo carrot salads last year. I separated the florets, grated carrots, chopped pecans, golden raisins and mixed a honey-ginger-mustard dressing to mix it all up with. Last year was my second year to raise purple cauliflower, they are so pretty!

I'm just glad I found this place & that I'm among fellow gardeners!!! I like being able to share ideas & techniques with folks from different parts of the country that share common interests.

This is a fun site, isn't it? We are glad you found us. No matter how different we are, we are all gardeners and that makes us the same.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . .Zone envy to the extreme!

I think I've already said that the mustard greens I left in the beds here at home are dead, dead and dead.

The kale - I left one plant near the raspberries 2 winter's ago and collected seed from it the following year. That worked, by the way ... Anyway, I tried that again and it's dead.

Man. I can't even count on kale to stay alive! I really think it is the cold & the dryness. We have barely got into the single digitS'. It has also been a consistently bare landscape with never more than a dusting of snow.

I resist zone envy by showing up in the produce aisles at the soopermarket. Just like every winter ... .

Steve
didn't freeze this morning and now under rain clouds!

Latest posts