WR's 2014 Fall Garden

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I assumed Texas was hot and dry. All the US weather maps always show very warm temperatures seems like regardless of what time the year it's hot. The westerns I watched make it look, flat, dry, and dusty. Like a BIG (cause everything's bigger in Texas ;)) extension of Arizona.

But then I've heard many times "Michigan? Y'all Canadian? Hahahaha" so it's all good.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@digitS' while the landscape is somewhat similar to where I live, Alpine is 3,000 feet higher and a six hour drive west. I am a day's drive to any other state, but only an hour or so from Mexico.

The sun is ris'
the sun is set
and here I sit
in Texas yet!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kohlrabi is in the broccoli family. It is a bulb that forms on the stem .It is sweet and delicious. Broccoli like but sweeter. I love the look of the kohl-slaw!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Steve, I forgot to describe the Panhandle, flat as a pancake (so Mary, here's your flat image!) until the earth quite suddenly falls away into Palo Duro Canyon second in size to the Grand Canyon. In fact, if you stacked them on top of each other you'd basically have a complete history of time. There's also some tall grass prairies up there. I believe the buffalo scene in Dances with Wolves was filmed in one of them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' while the landscape is somewhat similar to where I live, Alpine is 3,000 feet higher and a six hour drive west. I am a day's drive to any other state, but only an hour or so from Mexico.

The sun is ris'
the sun is set
and here I sit
in Texas yet!
It's an hour and a half to Louisiana, hour and a half to Galveston, 5 hours to Texarkana, 6 hours to Oklahoma, El Paso.....figure on spending the night somewhere.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule It takes me 10 to NM, 10 to OK, 10 to LA and 1.5 to Mexico!
Well somebody decided to live on the bottom of the state! :gigI was born in San Benito, down in the tip of the state. My mother was raised in Weslaco and her mother's family all lived in Louisiana. It was mostly dirt roads back then and it took DAYS to go to Louisiana!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OOPS! This started out as a fall garden thread. I'll put it back on track with last year's picture, since I don't have one for this year.

Fall Vegetables.jpg

Latest posts