WR's 2017 Spring Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I pack my dehydrated tomatoes in jars and dry can them. I preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I put the jars on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven. I time it for 10 minutes, absolutely no more than 12 minutes, then take them out. The jars "ping" as they seal. They will keep like this for several years. I don't have room in my freezer......

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I harvested 18 more jalapenos to accompany our supper tonight. I also harvested the first cantaloupe & it's almost a biggie!!! I'm still holding out for a few 6 pounders this year...

Cantaloupe_070517.jpg

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never been jealous of other's gardening endeavors. But I am now, seeing that cantelope. I eat cantaloupe with cottage cheese every day when they are in season. That one looks beautiful and I bet is very sweet. I'm always hankering for a perfect, sweet watermelon that is not mealy. Do you grows those too?

Mary

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm always hankering for a perfect, sweet watermelon that is not mealy. Do you grows those too?

Thank you for the kind words Mary... I always grow watermelons although ours won't be ready until next month. It too bad that you live so far away, I always give about 80-90% of them away (we only need 5 or 6 for ourselves). Here are the 'Au Producers' & yes they are very sweet & very crisp:

Watermelon_070312.jpg

Watermelon_A_072312.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are Baymule!!! The dehydrating really concentrates the sugar & taste!!!

I harvested a bunch more cantaloupe this morning. Got 9 of them cleaned & sliced before putting them in the dehydrator. I hope to do another batch started tomorrow after this one is finished.

Last edited:

Latest posts