WR's 2018 Spring Garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just want to 2nd a few things and would be happy to have my vegetable gardening come in 2nd to the visual appeal of yours!

I had no idea that leeks would do okay here. I'd seen pictures from Great Britain and places like Louisiana. I thought, this can't be leek country but onions do okay. That's about it, the leeks do okay, no baseball bat size. Still, they are well worth growing for soups! Chowder, especially :).

Wando peas: I thought maybe I could extend our too brief fresh pea season and not have July heat slam the door on them. Wando didn't live up to the expectation. I'm not sure where it might.

Once again: You have a beautiful garden, WR'!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just want to 2nd a few things and would be happy to have my vegetable gardening come in 2nd to the visual appeal of yours!

I had no idea that leeks would do okay here. I'd seen pictures from Great Britain and places like Louisiana. I thought, this can't be leek country but onions do okay. That's about it, the leeks do okay, no baseball bat size. Still, they are well worth growing for soups! Chowder, especially :).

Wando peas: I thought maybe I could extend our too brief fresh pea season and not have July heat slam the door on them. Wando didn't live up to the expectation. I'm not sure where it might.

Once again: You have a beautiful garden, WR'!

Steve

a southern gardening friend tried Wando's too and he wasn't impressed by them. the other way to extend it is by getting the earlier ones. i'm way too lax on my spring planting of peas the past several years. no peas this year either.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested a tub of green beans yesterday & another tub this morning. Started processing them for vacuum packing.

Green_Bean_060218.jpg

We now have 26 - 1 pound bags in the freezer. The rest will be given away to friends.

Last edited:

Latest posts