WR's 2018 Spring Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Due to our continuing abnormally high springtime temperatures (mid to upper 90s), I harvested the remaining leeks, then cleaned/prepped them for processing/freezing. This will be the maiden voyage of our new commercial KitchenAid Food Processor.

Leek_Harvest_051818.jpg

Chopped_Leeks.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, I have never grown leeks before & they were on my bucket list of things to try this year... I highly recommend them as they have an excellent flavor (especially either sauteed or grilled with a steak) & require very little in the way of maintenance. I'll definitely plant them again!!!

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested jalapenos & green beans to go with tonight's supper.

I also harvested the peas & can't say that I'm impressed at all with the yield of the 'Wando' (which they said would grow well in southern gardens) . Oh well, they were an experiment, I'll try something else next year...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden is perfection. How much time do you spend on it? Is the garden at a slope or did you purposely create like a hugh raised bed with those cement blocks?

Mary

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I spend about 1hour a day once it's planted & mulched & that includes watering.

The yard is pretty uneven, so on the SW the wall is 2 courses tall & the NW corner is 9 courses tall. A lot of 'Pavestone' went into that wall... all set on a reinforce concrete footer.

Latest posts