Xerocles head in the clouds and feet firmly in the mud.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What about raising the tub off the ground enough to accommodate a shut off valve, skip pulling the plug. Make cinder block steps to the bathtub for your duckies. When that chain comes off the plug, and you know it will, I don't think you'll like being armpit deep in green, smelly, duck poo water, trying to find the plug......jus' sayin' :gig

Xerocles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
What about raising the tub off the ground enough to accommodate a shut off valve, skip pulling the plug. Make cinder block steps to the bathtub for your duckies. When that chain comes off the plug, and you know it will, I don't think you'll like being armpit deep in green, smelly, duck poo water, trying to find the plug......jus' sayin' :gig
Decisions, decisions. Bend over and reach under every time (I don't bend so well anymore) or take a chance that the chain will come loose. Hmmm. Think I'll just use a split ring to hold the chain on and take my chances. BESIDES, what are you saying about my ducks? They're gonna be nice CLEAN ducks...who will go behind the bushes to poop. I'm not gonna have wild, uncivilized TEXAS ducks! LOL

Xerocles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@thistlebloom . pretty sure it was you who said this. Read (somewhere on here) that it is important to have sacrificial plants next to the water because the ducks like to nibble when they play. You? More info please? Like...right next to? Best plants? Marsh plants potted IN the water? Plants NOT to use?
Entry and egress. Ramp? Steps?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom . pretty sure it was you who said this. Read (somewhere on here) that it is important to have sacrificial plants next to the water because the ducks like to nibble when they play. You? More info please? Like...right next to? Best plants? Marsh plants potted IN the water? Plants NOT to use?
Entry and egress. Ramp? Steps?
Nope, not me. Sorry. I haven't had ducks since I was a teenager.

Xerocles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was really concerned about my pear tree. It started blooming about a week ago. Thought the cold was going to wipe out hopes of fruit this year. Two nights of the 20s this week....doesnt seem to have hurt it. Another night in the 20s coming this week. More optimistic now, but we'll see. Pic taken this morning (low last night in the 50s).
20200212_102437.jpg

Latest posts