Yellow Jackets

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule , we are doing the frontline method and it is working great already. The internet said put five drops on a small can of cat food mix well and serve fresh. The first day one whole can was consumed at two bait stations. We been putting it out for the last two days with less and less getting consumed. I also empty the four traps daily and they are having less every day. Everyone here except Thomas has been stung in the last week or two, I was stung again today the ninth sting for me this year. Time will tell if it has worked for long term, but early signs point to yes. It also recommended starting this method in late spring when the colonies are smaller and more manageable. If you are being over run with bees this method might be something you should try.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@HomesteaderWife Sorry about hi jacking thread. Now back to killing female yellow jackets. (Drones don’t sting-they are lovers)
For us bald faced hornets took care of ours-delicacy to them.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' , I think that is about average for me about 8 or 10 stings per year. It is early in the season though, usually I get a couple in the fall when the bees seem more grumpy. I worked with my dad for years and he was severely allergic to bees, I saw him get stung twice in my entire life , and I right next to him getting 5/10 stings a year. Not sure why, I think he was more alert to bees around and I pay no attention to it.

Latest posts