Yellowing leaves on tomato seedlings

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Interesting that you mention Russian melon varieties. We have a member here from Moscow. @Larisa do you grow melons at your country house?

We moved to 8 acres last year and for the first time in many years I have ROOM! I ordered from rareseeds.com too (my favorite seed company) and I ordered melon seeds.
I grow 1 watermelon and 1 other melon and then I have a couple friends who let use some space in their gardens to grow other varieties. I have a watermelon melon left over from last year and we are going to cut it open and see how it fared.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Interesting that you mention Russian melon varieties. We have a member here from Moscow. @Larisa do you grow melons at your country house?

We moved to 8 acres last year and for the first time in many years I have ROOM! I ordered from rareseeds.com too (my favorite seed company) and I ordered melon seeds.

Melons I planted this year for the first time. But already I planted watermelons. This northern varieties they grow successfully in our country. Last year, I planted in the greenhouse. This year I have planted in the garden, read about the new technology. First, under cover, then under direct sunlight. I have an old photo on the stage of growth.
IMG_9212.JPG

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
In the book "Melons for the passionate grower" the author talks about the same growing techniques. It's a great reference book.

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is an update. I put potting soil around all the seedlings and used a weak fertilizer mix and my seedlings have made a complete recovery. By next year I hope to have a small greenhouse completed and I will be able to fulfill one of my dreams of offering and selling Heirloom seedlings and seeds. This is not a profit making venture but simply my way of saving our vegetable and fruit heritage. These seedlings I started this year will go to 15 different people and I have 5 other people growing out melons for me for the seed. I give them away because it's the easiest way to reintroduce people to great older varieties. Even next year when I start selling them, I will give away a large amount too. I love the feeling I get when I deliver the plants and seeds.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I, too, am interested in smaller melons. With just the two of us, bigger melons often go to waste (actually go to chickens, but we don't get to eat them) also they take up so much room in the fridge that I dislike getting them.

I have my melon varieties for this season. Perhaps another year we can trade or share seeds. All of mine are OP varieties.

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea. I would love to exchange some seed varieties.

Latest posts