You aren't gonna believe this!!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tis mating season for skunks, so it could be that your skunk merely sprayed to ward off a male until she was in full heat. They will do that when they are not "in the mood" for a mating.

That's why you are seeing more skunks killed on the road right now...lots of skunk movement going on.

That's even a worse thought...2 skunks under the kitchen :sick:sick:sick:barnie

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I could never live anywhere where another snake has to eat the copperheads.

I hadn't planned it this way. Seriously!! :ep

When we moved here, in 2010, DH at that time claims.."I haven't even seen a snake in the 15 years I have lived in SC!".
THAT....proved to be an inaccurate statement. Turns out, he can't see his nose in front of his face. Literally!
I stopped counting at 12. Snakes. Not years.

I catch them to identify them. Especially since his whole intention was to isolate me. Out here in the boonies. My closest neighbor is 2 acres to the north. I carry the cellphone with me at all times.

And, I am a full fledged city slicker woman....buses, taxis, skyscrapers. Think...."Green Acres"...although, I am no where near as bad as the Mrs. in that show. :th

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lisa: When you married me you knew that I couldn't cook, I couldn't sew, and I couldn't keep house. All I could do was talk Hungarian and do imitations of Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Oliver: Who?

:D

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once found a snake in middle of kitchen floor. There was no way it was getting away. I beat it with a broom then swept out door. I started eating Valium washing it down with vodka. I called the Bronx zoo looking to buy a mongoose. They don't sell their animals

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if mothballs thrown here and there around the area, may act a deterrent? Might also help with the smell..if you don't mind camphor.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
BTDT; mothballs. As there is NO vapor barrier under the floorboards, as well as NO insulation..... when I did that for the snakes, back in 2011...all it accomplished was fuming me out of the house.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am looking for something in the country, not too far away. I have chickens, and 4 cats.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once found a snake in middle of kitchen floor. There was no way it was getting away. I beat it with a broom then swept out door. I started eating Valium washing it down with vodka. I called the Bronx zoo looking to buy a mongoose. They don't sell their animals

:lol: Oh, NY!!!! The stage surely lost a great comic when you opted to groom pets for a living! :lol: :lol: :lol: