You know, Santa Delivers

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also lost weight due to being pre diabetic-runs in family.
I gave up sugar drinks of any type, White potato foods, white bread and switched to oatmeal 6/7 AM’s and high fiber diet. I also skipped meals (usually lunch) if I wasn’t hungry. Too many meals were habit rather than hungry. Also take the dog for longer walks. I’m down to weight I’m good with and holding. Have to think my blood cholesterol is better as well.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, simple appeals to me ... how many of these do you think I should be doing each day, or at a time?

I don't find guidance on the internet. Isn't this considered an exercise?

In just a couple of days, I went from 12, then a break of a few minutes, then another 12. Up to 20, with a break, then another uh, 12. Doesn't take long and I can still do the 30 minute walk but ... ya know, standing from a sitting position so many times leaves a little soreness.

🥴 Steve
Steve, that's good you want a little soreness! You can do 15 at a time for 3 rounds. Take a 2 minute break between each round.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also lost weight due to being pre diabetic-runs in family.
I gave up sugar drinks of any type, White potato foods, white bread and switched to oatmeal 6/7 AM’s and high fiber diet. I also skipped meals (usually lunch) if I wasn’t hungry. Too many meals were habit rather than hungry. Also take the dog for longer walks. I’m down to weight I’m good with and holding. Have to think my blood cholesterol is better as well.
Yep, that's how you are supposed to do it Seed. Get rid of sugar that you don't need. I wish I could skip a meal. But it seems like I'm always starving Lol.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s a lot e
Yep, that's how you are supposed to do it Seed. Get rid of sugar that you don't need. I wish I could skip a meal. But it seems like I'm always starving Lol.

Mary
its a lot easier when u r 40+ over weight plus was kind of happy when I got hunger pangs as I couldn’t really remember the last time I was really hungry vs eating just because it was my life style. Knew when I was hungry, I was burning calories.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can do 15 at a time for 3 rounds. Take a 2 minute break between each round.
I did it ... I thought. About an hour later I'm thinking, shouldn't I have done 16 each time so that there would be 32, since 20+12=32. Then, I look back and you said 3 sets.

Groan. Okay, I can do that today. Why do exercises have to be so boring. Look at the face of someone obviously dedicated to exercise, often in a beautiful, outdoor setting. Intent ... Focused ...

I'm already mobility challenged. While fixing myself a little breakfast this morning thinking how I have to pay attention to what I'm doing, peeling the fruit, pouring from a full carton of milk, just moving around. Someday, it won't be only the early morning moments, my day will be all-about just taking care of myself ...

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, you were already doing 12 at a time. I just increased it to 15. Do that 3 times with 2 minute breaks in between. Should Not be too hard for you. Remember 15 break, 15 break, 15 you're done!

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Should Not be too hard for you.
But Mary, I have a headache!

Kidding/not kidding

I can do it. Will need to do better than that , also ... oh, did I tell you? Hands are kept at shoulder level altho internet idea was hands on chair seat or hands on armrest. Of course, there is this test about rising from sitting cross-legged on the floor! (If I tried that I'd fall to the South if I was facing West, fall to the North if I was facing East ...)

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up with a headache too! So I went to the gym to see if the blood flowing would help. Sure did now it's gone.

Of course you can do it. It's only 3 more than what you already were doing silly.

By the way, I can't get up from the floor crossed legged without using my hands. But as long as you can do other things it really doesn't matter. Just do you! ;)

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up with a headache too! So I went to the gym to see if the blood flowing would help. Sure did now it's gone.

Of course you can do it. It's only 3 more than what you already were doing silly.

By the way, I can't get up from the floor crossed legged without using my hands. But as long as you can do other things it really doesn't matter. Just do you! ;)

Mary

i used to be able to do that until i pulled that achilles tendon and messed up my foot somehow. now i won't risk it.

Latest posts