You know what I hate more than winter??

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much! The one thing that drives me crazy is not being able to clean the roosting boards in the coop. A few days of below zero and I have little mountains of chicken poop, that cannot be moved! I am longing for a day above freezing, just so I can clean the coop! What do you hate about winter?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing. :cool: Ok, I really don't like that it's too cold to work outside. Yes 58 degrees is cold for me. This weekend it will be 71-72 so I get to paint my coop in the afternoon when it's warm! Hopefully I will get to plant my potatoes also and do some cleanup out there.

Mary

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Probably the monotone whites and greys the most, I need green! And then there's all of the ice all over the place. I like to run when I'm outside, I can still do it with ice but it's just isn't as fun as without ice. The ice makes it hard to carry water buckets back to the ducks. I welcome the challenges at first, but it all stats to get degrading fast.

Other than that not much. I enjoy the cold. If only I could grow as much and as often in Alaska/Northern Canada as I do here.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
sCo_hmmthink.gif

Oh! I know!
What I hate about winter is my dh and sons having to drive when the roads are treacherous. When nobody has to be on the road I can just relax and enjoy those storms when we're all snug and warm at home.

Aaaand, I don't like those days on end when the sky is a flat sheet of steel gray, at least give me a little definition to the sky if the sun won't shine!

Yesterday afternoon was gloriously sunny and beautiful. Got the coop and the stalls all clean and pretty.

The thing I love about winter is being home, not being run off my feet by work away and work here. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aveeno bath treatment every other evening helps. Not a lot ... I have learned that I really take hotter showers during the winter, cooler in the summer. It would probably be easier on the skin not to enjoy that hot water quite so much ;).

Mud. Drab lawns. Dead leaves. Naked trees. Ice.

The long hours of darkness, days without sunshine ... I get a little bored with summer but winter seems interminable!

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree, hate it when the chicken poo freezes and accumulates! I can handle winter if the days stay in the 30's at least. I do hate mud too, though.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing. :cool: Ok, I really don't like that it's too cold to work outside. Yes 58 degrees is cold for me. This weekend it will be 71-72 so I get to paint my coop in the afternoon when it's warm! Hopefully I will get to plant my potatoes also and do some cleanup out there.

Mary

58 degrees?? That's shorts weather! Bring it on!!