You know what I hate more than winter??

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Frozen chicken poo?? DOG POPSICLES!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I vote with Mary. I don't hate winter, but when we get weeks and weeks of never ending rain, it can get to be a pain. It's 44 and raining right now, but it's going to clear off with nights in the low 30's and sunny days in the 60's. nice.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right there with ya, Baymule. We had over 4 inches yesterday....:(
We only got 1 1/2", but it was enough to turn into mud goo. We have been trying to empty a portable building on the land we sold, so we can move the building to the new house. But it is on black gumbo clay and has been too wet. Just as it was drying out-here came the rain again. :he We absolutely have to be out of our house Feb 14, and there are things in the garage that NEED to go in that portable building! And NO, we can't move it full of stuff! My DH thinks we can just have 'em load up the building without taking anything out of it. :barnie

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the oddball I enjoy winter. I enjoy the change honestly. It's nice to have a break and stay inside by the fire, eat hearty meals like pot roast with mashed potatoes and other veggies. Meals that make you want to go sit by the fire and digest.

I enjoy being out in the cold crisp air especially in the woods. It's so quiet. Bright contrasts are magnified like a cardinal on a branch. Seeing the tracks of animals in the snow that normally don't give themselves away are now leaving glaring signs of their passing.

We get 4 textbook seasons here so we get to enjoy each one.

I don't know now you folks deal with the rain down south. I'd rather have 6" of snow than 2" of rain like you mentioned Bay.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Jared77 at least the new place has sandy soil, not this black goo that can suck down an elephant. It's the kind of stuff that will suck your boot off and your next step means a slimy sock. :tongue Then you're standing there looking stupid with a wet muddy sock, your boot top sticking out of the mud behind you.......ask me how I know..... :rant

I like the winter, it means home made chili, shrimp gumbo, and rainy days aren't so bad except for now, when I have so much to do and it impedes progress.

@frustratedearthmother had over 4 inches yesterday, she lives south of me, Houston had 5-6 inches and Houston is low. Flooded streets make the news, cars stall because stupid people think their cars really can swim, and sometimes people are unable to get home.

I used to work in Houston, was driving down a semi flooded street one day, when the road took a dip I didn't know about. Suddenly water was swirling around me, sitting in my stalled car, guess that made me one of those stupid people. I got out, waist deep, my skirt floating downstream, a guy in a SUV felt sorry for me and asked if he could help. He pushed my car to a parking lot, I called DH and spoke to a mechanic there. Mechanic told me to take air cleaner off, if water in it, call a wrecker, in no water, start the car. I had to go in the Taco Bell for a screw driver to take the cover off, it was dry and I sure was glad about that. I put it back together, returned the screw driver, cranked the car and pointed north to go home. Blech :tongueon Houston's flooded streets! THAT'S winter in Houston! :lol:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The one thing I hate about winter is being stuck in the house all day. I have my crafts to help keep me occupied, but even that gets boring after a while. Bring on the sunshine and warm weather. I'm ready for my swim suit:love, pool time:weee, cook outs:drool and bon fires!!!!!!!! :celebrate

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I agree @Jared77 , you can't build a snowman from a puddle, and it is nice to have a break from tending the yard and gardens... it's just too long and too cold sometimes. There are tons of winter activities going on here, ice and snow sculpture events, the winter carnival (supposed to be the oldest winter carnival in the US) ... Maybe if I liked cold crisp air. Lately it has been unusually balmy for this time of year! :clap