You know what I hate more than winter??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good goobily goop!

You can click that meteorological analysis above ... and watch NOAA's radar loop of the U.S. through the day ;).

Impressive invertion here this morning. Warm start to the day with 35° here at 2,000 feet. What is going on aloft? It's 54° at 4,500 feet!

Visibility dropped to "0.6" of a mile overnight and remains there. A block and a half ~ 320 feet.

Hopefully, no accidents at the airport or elsewhere but the dangers are minor compared to what folks will be experiencing in the Northeast.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow has started. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days-I will be in hibernation. Schools already cancelled. Ar least I am not in the 36 inch zone.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... Visibility dropped to "0.6" of a mile overnight and remains there. A block and a half ~ 320 feet. ...

Oops. That was .06 of a mile .

Bright sunny afternoon with blue sky, right now! Strange. Looks like it could be the first of March! We'll get back closer to normal soon.

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
School is already canceled here for Tuesday, although it is not snowing yet. About 15 inches expected here. I'm looking forward to some snow, but hoping we don't lose power. Frozen chicken water will be a pain.

@lesa , I scrape the roosting boards every morning, even when it is 25 below zero. You need a wide (12"?) drywall scraper and those poopsicles will come flying off! A few spots may need a little elbow grease. I sometimes sprinkle a little shavings from the floor onto the boards to make it easier to move things in the morning.
I actually prefer cleaning the boards when it is below freezing, -no smell!

Latest posts