You want to test seeds for free?

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Hi Davaroo,

I cannot think of anyone more qualified for conducting research than the home gardener. The opportunity for so many variables to be discovered.

It is the home gardener who is at the front lines of soil and weather conditions.

It is so hilarious to me, as well, at how there is no part of our government that we do not pay for. It is that simple, it always was our money. :lol:

Take care, I love this thread by the way!

Ron
See, Ive said that, too. Who better than we to provide feedback. Just think of the legions of testers available.

As for how our money is used by the government, the thing that is funny to me is that most people simply accept it - without protest.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Davaroo I am very political and work hard at issues that are important to me....just not in the garden ..so you kind of caught me off guard there I was so not expecting a political rant about free seeds!

..but totally respect your right to as you said "obsess" over this ..

politics and feeling strongly about them ...very good! people should participate and trust me I do and probably against and for causes you have interest in I betcha ...

for me however as a married woman of 30 years ...my garden is my lover :) a very passionate..rewarding.. ..and yet cruel and thoughtless lover.....but one I am obsessed with myself and find great delight, sadness, anxiety, joy, in ...so politics and gardening just did not connect with me ..and at first I did not get what you said when you referred to seed Nazi's ..I am still not sure I do to be honest ..but point taken! ...and I do empathize! because I put emotions into politics ..also time and lots of work for causes I believe in ..I pay taxes but do not feel I am entitled to anything really more than I have ...however I can understand where your drive for what you think is right needs your emotions! I was just surprised is all :)

we all need a place to put our passion ...

send them a letter and tell them how you are feeling what can it hurt?

back to free seeds :)

some of my lettuce are sprouting YAY!!! :throw

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
Davaroo I am very political and work hard at issues that are important to me....just not in the garden ..so you kind of caught me off guard there I was so not expecting a political rant about free seeds! ... send them a letter and tell them how you are feeling what can it hurt?
I have, I have - weekly. I dont believe the affairs of this nation can be separated from our daily lives. The two are intertwined for good or bad.... indeed we ARE the nation.
Mr. Obama and I old correspondents these days. I get something from the White House once a week, at least, and I respond every time. I've suggested he take me on as a staffer, so he can hear the other side of his vision - what real people think. So far no offer has come forward.

As for free seeds, I may have a surprise for some lucky EG'ers. See my new post for details...

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got 8 more seeds of Roma bush beans, today, split between two packs. At this rate I may have some to plant next season!
I also got "The Letter," exhorting me to be mindful of my status as a mere hobbyist.

Lessee... what can I request next?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
davaroo said:
I got 8 more seeds of Roma bush beans, today, split between two packs. At this rate I may have some to plant next season!
I also got "The Letter," exhorting me to be mindful of my status as a mere hobbyist.

I was going to mention that I got a lovely letter and some info on what I need to do in order to help these folks accomplish their true goals

I think I am going to bow gracefully out of this thread now

good luck you guys

..it was fun :)

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
davaroo said:

I was going to mention that I got a lovely letter and some info on what I need to do in order to help these folks accomplish their true goals

I think I am going to bow gracefully out of this thread now

good luck you guys

..it was fun :)
Awwww, dont go...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, i did recieve a letter today from their Ames Iowa location (My in-laws live there!) and they sent me 6 packets of seeds with a warning. They also sent me a brochure on what they are trying to accomplish and another personal letter to my name (Not the "Dear Germaplasm orderer" this time). It explained that next year they will send me the paperwork to fill out for each seed to see how they worked out. I should expect them at this time of year I am getting from the letter.

Again, they are NOT cool with home gardeners... they say, next time save your own seeds! :lol:

Now, I wonder if it matters that we are expanded to have a small orchard in hopes of selling fruit at market in a few years! That would make me a business? :rose

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
Yes, i did recieve a letter today from their Ames Iowa location (My in-laws live there!) and they sent me 6 packets of seeds with a warning. They also sent me a brochure on what they are trying to accomplish and another personal letter to my name (Not the "Dear Germaplasm orderer" this time). It explained that next year they will send me the paperwork to fill out for each seed to see how they worked out. I should expect them at this time of year I am getting from the letter.

Again, they are NOT cool with home gardeners... they say, next time save your own seeds! :lol:

Now, I wonder if it matters that we are expanded to have a small orchard in hopes of selling fruit at market in a few years! That would make me a business? :rose
Ooooh, a business? Sounds like you have the makings. Call it an experimental farm and Ill reckon you are in with the big boys.

Latest posts