Your images are your images.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very interesting topic. Cool peppers jackb...

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Regarding the tomatoes and the peppers, when they "borrowed" the photos from my site it clearly stated that the fruit was grown in the greenhouse, hydroponically. A person purchasing the seed should have a reasonable expectation of getting the same results as shown in the photo, which in all likelihood they may not.

On two occasions I have been contacted by seed companies asking permission to use one my images. On both occasions, I gave permission for them to use the image and said: "thank you for asking". It is a common courtesy to ask permission before using someone else's property. The guy claiming to have grown the tomatoes using aquaponics was clearly misleading his customers.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree. And those folks using pics like that know exactly what they are trying to do...mislead people or exploit the pics for money. I've seen that happening a lot on the internet and it's not always businesses, but just small time, pathetic people trying to get their slice of the pie...their little 15 min. of fame and a little cash along with. :rolleyes: I won't name names but it happens right over there on BYC.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh no! My dad used other folks pics for all of his "smiles" avatars and I have been following in his footsteps. Hmmm. I could possibly get into trouble because posting someone else's FACE may be illegal. I suppose even the Santa sketch avatar I'm using now could get me into hot water. Oh well, I've never been in jail . . . it could be a good experience. Yeah right!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, @Smiles Jr. you are using the avatars left to you by your father. They may be able to go after him for something, but you should be in the clear, huh, @bobm?

Do you know for certain that Dad didn't get permission to use each and every one of the photos? I know that he personally asked me if I could use the smile photo that I posted.

Latest posts