Your Other Hobby (s)?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@MontyJ your wood work is FABULOUS. You are a sweetie making things to please Dew. @dewdropsinwv I say he is a keeper. (But you already know that! ) ;)

Thank you Carol! I love being in the woodshop. I just wish I had more time for it. When we build the new house I'll be building the kitchen cabinets out of solid hickory. It's a very hard wood and difficult to work with but, to me, is the most beautiful wood. Plus it's harvested locally.

Saw an add in Craigslist the other day:

For trade: One 50 year old man, good at fixing and building things. Looking for two trainable 25 year-olds.

Would have sworn it was Dews cell number listed...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: No way. She's too smart and already knows one never trades in a man they've been breaking in for that long, only to have TWO she'd have to break in for that much longer. AND she no doubt is aware that most of these newer models know NOTHING about building things or ingenuity or even what the word "work" means.... :gig

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed is right. It could not be Dew. She is a smart Gal. @MontyJ my DH does some woodwork. Mostly carvings now. I am familiar with the different woods, grains and hardness. ;) I like the hickory choice. Will you clear coat/seal or add a stain?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We "experienced" women know the why of it. However, those of us who got lucky the first time around have no desire to raise someone else's son. If something happened to DH, I would never consider anyone else! Especially not a 20-some baby boy. Trust me on that!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Carol Dee. It takes one to know one!

Aside: Why not change your name to Coral? Every time I start typing your name that's what comes out. Coral is a lovely name and (for me) easier to get out.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Carol Dee. It takes one to know one!

Aside: Why not change your name to Coral? Every time I start typing your name that's what comes out. Coral is a lovely name and (for me) easier to get out.
LOL I always thought Coral would be great, not so plain Jane like Carol !

Latest posts