Your Other Hobby (s)?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always told people that if not for my "Sugar Daddy" I could never have afforded to stay in teaching. Now that we are retired, the teacher's retirement keeps my sugar daddy in the living circumstances he appreciates.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sad Red teaching is one of the most important jobs a person could have, yet pays terrible. The ancient Greeks and Romans new the value of a teacher. Today we still remember many of their names. Aristotle, Socrates and Plato what happened?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Beekissed is right. It could not be Dew. She is a smart Gal. @MontyJ my DH does some woodwork. Mostly carvings now. I am familiar with the different woods, grains and hardness. ;) I like the hickory choice. Will you clear coat/seal or add a stain?

Strictly clear coat. I'm a huge fan of hand rubbed poly myself. Hickory is way too pretty to burden with anything else. Face joints will be hide glued and hand cut dovetails for all the drawers. Drawer boxes will probably be maple. Since we are big fans of country living, I'm considering using wooden glides, guides and stops. Nothing says country old school like the sound of wood on wood.

The words "sugar mama" come to mind.... :rolleyes:

LMAO^^^^^

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'd never be some one else's "sugar mama" . I can not stand today's generation!!!! They are LAZY!!!! I do not have the time or patience to TRAIN two 25 year olds let alone ONE!!!! I have MontyJ trained just the way I want him..... trade him in????? NEVER...
But it was a nice try

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd never be some one else's "sugar mama" . I can not stand today's generation!!!! They are LAZY!!!! I do not have the time or patience to TRAIN two 25 year olds let alone ONE!!!! I have MontyJ trained just the way I want him..... trade him in????? NEVER...
But it was a nice try
:)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strictly clear coat. I'm a huge fan of hand rubbed poly myself. Hickory is way too pretty to burden with anything else. Face joints will be hide glued and hand cut dovetails for all the drawers. Drawer boxes will probably be maple. Since we are big fans of country living, I'm considering using wooden glides, guides and stops. Nothing says country old school like the sound of wood on wood.^
They are going to be fabulous.

Latest posts