Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rainy weather with zero sunshine, today.

The temperature went from 36°f to 42° with the greenhouse temperatures from 41°to 48°, the best it could do with no sunshine. I am planning to have the heat on in there as late and as little as possible. I don't even know what the heat source will be since it has now been a couple of years since the furnace guy said that the natural gas furnace should be replaced. Then. The thing ran without fail, or nearly so! However, it wasn't much fun setting the back-up electric heaters "just in case" and monitoring the temperature in the greenhouse, night after night.

I think that I may prefer moving plants to the utility room and/or the garage rather than mess many days with a feeble furnace (or, spend the money on electric heat). We will see ;).

If one thinks just go with solar, well, that is what I will try to do for awhile. First it will continue with the South Window until growing plants demand more room!

The 6° +/- difference between greenhouse and outdoor temperatures is standard with no sun. Here's a thread from some years ago beginning when we were having some rooms in the house remodeled (including the South Room and Window) with a need to move seedlings into the greenhouse tooooo early.

It was 30 outdoors at 7:30am with a lovely blue sky. With no furnace on, it was 36 inside the greenhouse
There are plants in there now but that's just too chilly for seedlings other than onions and bok choy ;).

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s a tornado warning 1 hr away from us so if this storm gets very bad I might have goats in my house haha they will have the back room plus guest bedroom I’ve already goat proofed the house !
I highly recommend bringing them in before it gets that bad you do not want to be trying to bring in animals in a hail storm or while under a tornado warning. Ask me how I know....

Ffagirl223

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I highly recommend bringing them in before it gets that bad you do not want to be trying to bring in animals in a hail storm or while under a tornado warning. Ask me how I know....
I’m waiting because it hasn’t started raining yet I just have to hope the best for the cattle and the horses becuase they are to big to come in the house and way to many cattle to come in

Ffagirl223

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Storms are headed our way tomorrow afternoon luckily I never put stuff back up after the last storm so I just have to secure feeders and waters.
I only have 10 does, a buck and my 2 show goats I care a lot more about the show goats I didn’t pay 1000 dollars total for them to get hurt but I also care about the rest of the animals aswell