Your Weather, 2021

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
8c and cloudy here. Someone told me that we are due for freezing weather as of tomorrow night. But have had many different weather forecasts this year it's so confusing :\

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s raining today, nothing will be happening in the garden other than prepping for the storms tomorrow.
Tomorrow’s weather looks nothing short of nasty.
1C03EBD0-1960-400E-9A68-B4ABEF2482CC.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hide @Artichoke Lover

I had a @Collector moment yesterday as the sun came out during the late afternoon for a moment before sliding towards the western horizon.

It was not, at all, a bad weather day. Sunday, I'd allowed the second 2021 day with the thermometer hitting 60°f (15°C) to escape without covering the hoops, door and window frames of the temporary hoop house. Yesterday, it was a bit windy in the AM with no sun until that brief late afternoon breakthrough ... Still, a big sheet of plastic film benefits from a little sunshine and warmth for installation. It's not a very formal structure but handling something vaguely like plywood is awkward.

Steve
anticipating a need to get-on-with-it

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter isn't quite done with us yet, we had a couple inches of snow over night. It won't last though, temps in the 40's today.

The return of warm temperatures has a downside - the Asian ladybugs have awakened from their winter slumber. They are incredibly good at finding their way inside, and we are finding them everywhere, especially under lights. If I put a drink down even for a minute, I need to cover it. Nothing is worse that taking a gulp of a "lumpy" drink. :sick

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter isn't quite done with us yet, we had a couple inches of snow over night. It won't last though, temps in the 40's today.

The return of warm temperatures has a downside - the Asian ladybugs have awakened from their winter slumber. They are incredibly good at finding their way inside, and we are finding them everywhere, especially under lights. If I put a drink down even for a minute, I need to cover it. Nothing is worse that taking a gulp of a "lumpy" drink. :sick

extra vitamins and minerals. :)

caulking various cracks has greatly reduced those here, but they do go in cycles along with the flies, boxelder bugs, stink bugs, squash bugs and ants. all of those at times try to come inside from cold weather.

i've had in the past enough of those in the house to use and fill up a small vaccuum bag. since i caulked around some metal heat vents only a few hundred the past few years instead of many thousands. still other bugs and more caulking i want to do to keep reducing the numbers, but with the large patio doors we're not ever going to have a complete seal. Mom wants to open those up once in a while for fresh air during the winter so that lets the bugs that were hiding along those tracks and seals to move around and come in.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’m about to go out and finish battening down the hatches. The forecast is continuing to look worse and there are already tornadoes in Mississippi and Louisiana. If it gets as bad as they think there is a good chance that I’ll lose both power and cell service for a few days so don’t worry if you don’t hear from me.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m about to go out and finish battening down the hatches. The forecast is continuing to look worse and there are already tornadoes in Mississippi and Louisiana. If it gets as bad as they think there is a good chance that I’ll lose both power and cell service for a few days so don’t worry if you don’t hear from me.

glad that you're ready. be safe!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a strange looking map. You look like you may be in for a long haul, down here it comes through in a thin line and is over in a few hours, starting around dark. Kind of nasty but nowhere near the threat you face. I'll position the cars, mainly against hail damage, and move a couple of things to protect against wind. Trash will not go out for pickup, I usually do that overnight but will wait until tomorrow morning to move it out. Maybe ten minutes of getting ready. No trees to worry about.

It's over so quickly I really don't expect much out of it down here. You I'm a little more concerned about, Good luck and let us know how it when when you can.

Latest posts