Your Weather, 2021

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Drone footage of the tornado damage last night. The neighborhoods are toward the end. At least F3 but some houses collapsed so maybe F4.

Right now they’re saying a strong EF2 they might upgrade it to an EF3 though since I’m sure they haven’t finished the survey. Edit: having seen some more of the footage I’ll be surprised if they don’t upgrade to an EF3. The really scary part is there was little to no warning.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the storm path from what came into California a couple of days ago. Big storm out in the Pacific and it didn't stop in California.

@seedcorn , didn't I understand that you live north of Indianapolis?

I see Fort Wayne is anticipating quite a lot of snow.

Steve
who had an incredibly foggy day, yesterday. now, the (nearly) full moon is out and so bright!

Niele da Kine

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hawaii Island aka the 'Big Island' Zone 11b
There was several inches of rain in the sheep's food dish this morning so it must have poured last night although I slept through it. Back to blue sky and fluffy clouds, though, today so the sheep will hopefully dry out. The rain is okay, though, the garden got planted three days ago and rain seems better than water from the hose

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn , didn't I understand that you live north of Indianapolis?

I see Fort Wayne is anticipating quite a lot of snow.
I think that the Weather Service guidance may have been off by several miles too far north.

@PhilaGardener , check in sometime and tell us about your neighborhood. ... gee, that sounds like it's too close to sea level but it looks down right chilly there so ... there goes the highways!

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today was a high of 68 and sunny. We did have a small rain shower pop up but it only lasted about 15 minutes. A cold front is blowing in overnight and we have a low of 32F

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the wind was calm this morning when i put the trash and recycling out so i shovelled the bit of snow off the driveway while i was out there. in my crocs and thin sweat bottoms. i had my circle scarf on to keep me from breathing cold air but it was 28F so not too cold. took about a half hour to clean off the drive and just as i was coming in the wind kicked up a moment. the sun and air can get at the drive now today to melt and evaporate any remaining snow and ice out there. i hated to leave the snow on it yesterday as i did, but i didn't feel the best and thought it better to not go out as it was a lot windier and colder during the day.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Currently 37F this morning it’s not supposed to get much warmer and the wind chill is in the 20s. Had a little bit of sleet this morning but nothing stuck.

Latest posts