Your Weather, 2021

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here it started snowing late Saturday night, and contimued through most of the day Sunday. Very light snowfall, but over a long period. We ended up shoveling twice... funny, I look at shoveling now not as a chore, but as exercise & an excuse to get out of the house. Looks to be about 3-4" from this storm, with about 6" total on the ground right now. ❄️

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the storm path from what came into California a couple of days ago. Big storm out in the Pacific and it didn't stop in California.

@seedcorn , didn't I understand that you live north of Indianapolis?

I see Fort Wayne is anticipating quite a lot of snow.

Steve
who had an incredibly foggy day, yesterday. now, the (nearly) full moon is out and so bright!
Depending upon mile, 8-10” of wet snow. Piled up already. Hopefully Thursday it will be gone-37 degrees and rain.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter storm warning here, snowing intensely as I type this. 4-7" of snow expected, it looks like we have 3-4" already. Wet, sticky snow - it pretties up the trees again, I'm almost getting used to having a white mini-forest. ❄️ Bitter cold to follow, we may struggle to get up to 0 F. before this arctic blast is over.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter storm warning here, snowing intensely as I type this. 4-7" if snow expected, it looks like we have 3-4" already. Wet, sticky snow - it pretties up the trees again, I'm almost getting used to having a white mini-forest. ❄️ Bitter cold to follow, we may struggle to get up to 0 F. before this arctic blast is over.

about the same here this evening and through tomorrow with some more wind than i'd like. then a drop into the single digits and then down to even near zero through the weekend evening nights. this is more like what winter is normally like this time of the year. i'm ok with that. will have to get out the shovel at some point tomorrow.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Snow Queen cometh...
20210204_172650.jpg

DW & I had to shovel (and snow blow) halfway through the storm, when we had to go somewhere & the plow had left a foot of snow in front of our driveway. Looks like about 6-7" of wet snow. The snow has stopped now, and I can tell by the whistling in the window that the wind is picking up. Winter here does seem to always save the best (sarc) for last.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is blowing pretty good here, but not that much new snow so since we're not likely to be going anyplace today or tomorrow i won't need to do any shovelling right away. let it all blow around and then when the winds calm down tomorrow or Sunday i can clean the driveway off again.

i'm actually glad for some wind because then it does keep the snow from piling up on the trees and causing damage.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today and most of the rest of the week is sunny with average temps meaning highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. The end of next week around Thursday could’ve get nasty though. They’re talking about 3 days of ice or snow. With lows in the teens. Ice storms are rare here maybe once every 10 years but it always shuts everything down for a week at least. And knocks the power out. Hopefully we just get snow but it’s still way to early to tell.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm actually glad for some wind because then it does keep the snow from piling up on the trees and causing damage.
We were on the edge of the "mixed precipitation" zone, it was wet snow sticking to everything it touched most of the time. It froze to everything overnight, so surprisingly little has been knocked off by the wind. My fences & most of the tree branches are still snow-covered. Given the cold temperatures, I doubt that snow will be melted off by the sun any time soon.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Midwest looks like it will really be on its way to ..

. very cold temperatures next week.

The predicted low temperatures should may be the coldest this winter. To give you an idea how mild it has been - those mornings won't be all that much below normal.

There was a lovely moon in the southern sky early and then, we had a sunny, above-freezing morning here. I am wondering how our lawn grass will look in about a week if the thermometer falls to 10°f on several mornings with freezing throughout. The bluegrass almost looks as though it has begun to grow and be caught up in what @WildBird is experiencing, several hundred miles south. I'm hoping for a couple inches of snow this weekend for some insulation but the Weather Service is giving us little hope for that.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, I drove to a local restaurant for a pick-up order, our usual Friday fish fry. It was on the other side of town, 3 miles away, on 4-lane streets that are always well plowed & salted. On the way, I passed two accidents, two people who had driven off the road, and a delivery guy who was stuck in a driveway (I & a couple other passing drivers pushed him out). Yesterday's wet snow has been compressed on the road to glare ice - especially in intersections, where people need to stop. Traffic at stop signs & traffic lights was almost at a standstill, because the vehicles in front were just spinning their wheels when it was time for them to move. Fortunately for me, I had just put new tires on the truck, and had pretty good traction... but I think we will be staying inside this weekend. At these temperatures, I doubt the roads will be clear any time soon; so there's no point in tempting fate.

Latest posts