Your Weather, 2021

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We may have one of your 63°f (17°C) days, @Marie2020 . Maybe, it will be next week but there have been several March afternoons when the thermometer has come very close!

Wind has been predominant, lately. Tired of it! 56mph one day, 37mph gusts the next, 25mph+ yesterday. I don't even enjoy being in the greenhouse when there is so much wind slapping up against it and the hoop house next door.

Looks like one good day - today. Buuuttt, there are tomatoes to move into 4-packs. Which means hanging out in the greenhouse instead of outdoors. Well, that don't sound so bad :).

Steve
We had a lot of wind and rain last week which lasted up until a couple of days ago.

It was like summer here yesterday but here's no air now and it's 2.30am. So made use of my time and mixed myself a malt and white flour loaf, I've left it in the fridge for the morning.

So I just woke up at midnight and thought I may as well come here. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
this cold isn't done yet by far, but the trend is in the right direction. the next few nights are below freezing and the days are cool, then this weekend we're back to warmer again and next week even up to about 21C/70F. it has been windy at times here.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had a light frost this morning and we are supposed to have light freezes the next 2 nights. The last freeze always seems to come around Easter no matter if if it’s in mid March or late April. But this will probably be our last. I think I’ll start planting out around 17th to the 24th.
Edit:wind really picked up here right after I posted it’s gusting to 20-25 miles an hour right now.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
11c

It's been cloudy and chilly most of the day.

I've read we are due for another freeze next week.
Spring continues to set early records. Here is why.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
brr! it got down to 21F/-6C last night. sparkles on frost out there now. we did have some snow flakes flying around yesterday for a few minutes, but nothing significant in the way of accumulation. this evening is predicted to be again below freezing but only down to 31F/-0.6C. the rest of the week there are no more overnight frosts in the forecast. i doubt this is it for frosts as of yet, but who knows...

and as far as the calendar and the day goes, the earth is spinning a bit faster now - which seems kinda strange unless you remember what happens when figure skaters bring their arms and legs inwards. all that melting ice is a version of the same thing only on a rather huge scale. but don't worry, we're not in danger of being flung off the planet yet, they're only talking now about have to remove a second from the day every here or there...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
60 F. today, sunny, and almost windless - couldn't have asked for better. DW & I spent most of the day with DD#2, cleaning the yard & going for a long walk. What little wind there was died down around sunset, so we spent some time around a bonfire. Tomorrow is forecast to be beautiful weather as well, DD is planning an egg hunt for her son & grandson.

Latest posts