Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of winds - gusts over 45mph. Now, we move on to some pleasant days. Just before the WS says we may have record heat.

The house furnace has run a couple of times nearly every day. Too much wind takes a 70°f afternoon and blows all that warmth away by the 42° morning.

Fortunately, there has been a half hour of rain now and then to settle some of the dust. There was a 25 acre fire, yesterday. It was even windier out in that direction. Somehow, the firefighters were able to get it under control and out.

Now if people, people ... Will be careful with fires including their smoldering butts.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210528-084634_kindlephoto-46373513.png

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The forecast lows continue to drop, and the cold air is penetrating further South. My area is now under a frost advisory for tonight, with a freeze warning two counties West that extends nearly to the Illinois border. My suburban location tends to be a few degrees warmer, so we will probably escape the frost... but I will be watching the temperatures closely tonight, just in case. I only have a few plants out, and enough one gallon milk jugs to place one next to each plant with warm water if necessary (I would be walking through mud to do so).

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The forecast lows continue to drop, and the cold air is penetrating further South. My area is now under a frost advisory for tonight, with a freeze warning two counties West that extends nearly to the Illinois border. My suburban location tends to be a few degrees warmer, so we will probably escape the frost... but I will be watching the temperatures closely tonight, just in case. I only have a few plants out, and enough one gallon milk jugs to place one next to each plant with warm water if necessary (I would be walking through mud to do so).
Looks like you and I are inhabiting similar weather patterns @Zeedman; I've had to protect and cover the last two nights (2 degrees thereabouts) but it's upwards from here. (Supposedly :fl) Amazingly my now planted tomatillos are fine and not stressed even though I kept them covered with black pots all day yesterday. I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't fall into the temptation to plant beans in the ground during the hot spell we had a week ago.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't fall into the temptation to plant beans in the ground during the hot spell we had a week ago.
Well, I broke down & planted two varieties... one of which (Jembo Polish) is up. I'm gambling that they escape the frost; if not, I have plenty of time & seed to replant.

The 20 peppers & 13 tomatoes I transplanted though could not be replaced this year. With clear skies & a light breeze, I decided not to risk those & covered them with buckets. The silver lining of all the strong wind we had today was that the gardens dried out enough to walk in.

The bitter melon, cucumber, squash, and gherkins are all up, but still indoors under lights. The little space heater I placed in the greenhouse does a surprisingly admirable job of holding the temp there at 60 F. degrees, so all of the remaining transplants will hopefully ride out this cold spell in good shape.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
14c right now mainly clouds and 60% chance of rain according to the forecast.

But sun is coming through for now :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We should be seeing a weather report from @Zeedman .

We will have to give him time for a morning nap.

Temperature dropped into the 30's here, this morning. Now, to some warm sunshine ...

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mays rain total was about little over 7.25 inches. It rained constantly the first too weeks and then dropped off to next to nothing for the rest of the month. We’re supposed to get rain this week starting this afternoon. Hopefully we get plenty it’s so dry the main garden is nothing but dust right now and t he plants are stunted.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Record highs here today, @Rhodie Ranch . Low to mid-90's throughout the immediate area.

A river that drains some of the east slopes of the Cascades and runs into Lake Chelan is expected to exceed flood stage because of rapid snow melting.

Good Gracious, Saturday morning the thermometer was showing 37°f.

Steve

Latest posts