Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't made it out to the big veggie garden @Gardening with Rabbits and don't see much reason to until it warms up a bit.
Not one thing perished in the cold!

The corn doesn't look so great but it seems to be all there. I saw no frost damage on the potatoes. Of course, some of those are still trying to break thru the soil surface and the corn plants are tiny.

😁 Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That much rain would be major flooding here... and apparently some flooding along rivers there, as shown on the national map. We only average 30" of precipitation all year.
Yeah, rivers and creeks are out of their banks. During the hardest rains water was over the little county roads we take to town, so we just didn’t go anywhere.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is today going from one extreme to another, 'Bug?

Sounds like with both rain & temperatures in some locations.

Steve

yes, today when i woke up it was around 70F and then it went up to almost 80F as we were driving (the thermometer in the car is very accurate :) when i have the window open and feel the air temperature change the car thermometer changes pretty quick) to my brother's place to move and plant some rose bushes for them.

we got three old rose bushes dug up and moved and then planted three new ones to replace them. it was still pretty warm and i was sweating my own sprinkles. within about a half hour it started getting more of a breeze and the temperature dropped.

we had lunch and talked for a while and by the time we left to come back home the temperature was nearer to 50F. half way home it started raining and it rained for a while, but i'm not sure how much more we're in for. seems to have faded for now but looking at the radar we've got some rain heading right at us, however, that is not a sure thing and i don't believe it until i hear it on the roof or see it myself. storms have a tendency here to fade or split when they come over the hills and into the valley.

whatever rains we just got were very appreciated.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
did not get any more rains last night, cool now, getting warmer again for a day or two and then back to cooler nights but nothing in the night time forecast below mid-40s.

more chance of rain this afternoon and evening but as long as i can get out there today i need to be a weeding machine as i have a large garden getting too weedy again and i need to get back to it before all those weeds start dropping seeds.

[funny note, it just started sprinkling :) -- rains weren't supposed to be on the menu until after 2pm ... ]

this isn't a sprinkle! i'm not weeding a thang today.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
more rain today and cold. brr! turned the heat on this morning to get some of the damp and chill out of the house.

the forecast is looking cold for a few nights (down into the high 30sF and a windchill). the warm weather crops haven't been planted out yet other than some rows of beans that i'm not sure what they'll do. also not sure we'll plant tomorrow now or not if the following night is going to get into the 30s and windchill. may even bring the plants into the garage for those few nights to make sure they don't suffer too much. at least we do now have room in the garage for them. :)

Latest posts