Your Weather, 2021

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be really rapid weather shifts across the Northern states, @digitS' . Middle 80's here today, low 90's expected for the next 4 days. Hard to believe we had freeze warnings & frost advisories only a week ago. I'm glad it stayed dry long enough for DW & me to plant though; we haven't planted this early since the 90's (and the garden was much smaller then).

A good soaking rain storm rolled through tonight, the first significant rainfall we've had in awhile. We had just finished planting the last seeds in the rural garden today, so the rain was timed perfectly. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be really rapid weather shifts across the Northern states, @digitS' .
Yesterday’s afternoon high at the nearest airport was 58°f. Four days previous, the afternoon high at the same location was 96°.

It’s like we jumped 6 weeks ahead. And then, the windstorm blew us back right past normal over the weekend and we are now 6 weeks into early May.

Sure. The house furnace was on yesterday afternoon and this morning. Warming outdoors again and it looks from the forecast as tho it will be a seasonally cool but pleasant week.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had a bit of rain last evening, but nothing close to an actual rain that went beyond a small wetting - still appreciated. the grass is actually getting brown in places from the lack of rain and the ditch out back remains running very low. so this morning i'll have to get out to water again as the day looks scant and the seeds need to be kept at least slightly moist until they get growing. especially in the harder soil gardens...

the forecast for chances of rain this week is still mostly in place, but has gotten weaker in some percentages. :(

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
High today forecast for 87F (31C) with an overnight low of 75F (24C). The dew point varies from 75F (24C) to 80F (27C). The dew point sets a limit on how cool it can get, so when that limit is reached the humidity is 100% and we get a really heavy dew. The lowest humidity forecast is 70%. The feels like varies from 99F (37C) to as low as 82F (28C) tomorrow morning at daybreak.

We have a chance of a scattered thunderstorm this afternoon, they say a 50% chance. I've been getting some rain so I haven't had to water much lately. Looks like a few days of dry weather in front of us.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
again, rain all around us but not much on us. :( i had to run an errand this afternoon and just a half mile down the road to the west there were puddles along the road.

all evening there has been a large storm thundering off to the east. no rain from that either.

so i went out and watered again this evening.

a lot of beans are breaking ground. :) :) :) beanie babies!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
so this morning i'll have to get out to water again as the day looks scant and the seeds need to be kept at least slightly moist until they get growing. especially in the harder soil gardens...
@flowerbug , we're in the same situation. Lots of beans & soybeans just beginning to come up, so I have to water at least every other day just to keep the soil soft enough for the sprouts to break through. Thanks to the heat, germination looks really good so far.

Latest posts