A picture’s worth a thousand words!

Attachments

• 2500D6F8-6181-45F9-921A-CBA39FFA2839.jpeg
    2500D6F8-6181-45F9-921A-CBA39FFA2839.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 75

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We’ve got some very interesting weather headed our way today. It’s currently 45F. The high is supposed to be 70F the low is supposed to be 27F. It’s supposed to snow in Alabama. In March. This could end up being... interesting....
I’m willing to bet there isn’t milk or bread to be found between Huntsville and Auburn :lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Last year I ended up with 30 peaches from my tree that was a bloomer/non producer.
I opened up and used the small, metal firepit that was a gift to my DD's. I opted to use it underneath the peach tree and I cooked big logs 2 nights in a row.
I didn't know until July that I had any fruit.
This last Christmas I purchased four 25 ft long strings of old fashioned heat producing exterior decorating lights.
Keep an eye on your trees and the temperatures.
OUR temperatures got down to about 25 degrees F. If they stay around 32 degrees F, you might not have much loss.
Almost ALL of my 2021 peaches were high on the tree. The losses were on lower hanging branches.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i saw a wild turkey up in a large oak this morning. nearly to the top. at first i was wondering what that huge bird could be, but when it flew away to the neighboring field again i could tell. for those who think they can't fly well, well, they can certainly fly, but they usually are ground foragers so they don't hang out in the trees much. it was about 50ft off the ground. yes, they can fly...
... like bowling balls with wings. Very noisy bowling balls, if you happen to surprise one & scare it into flight.

5 F. degrees this morning; I used the wood burner last night, probably for the last time. A local arborist took advantage of the still-frozen ground to drive his boom into the back yard & cut down two dead trees that were leaning too inconveniently for me to drop them safely.

Warmer 40-50 degree temps in the long-term forecast. DW & I are really looking forward to starting our walks again, and breathing fresh air. :weee

Last edited:

Latest posts