Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today's forecast is for the mid-60sF and sunny enough to get out for a while and do something. i'll probably just pick through the bit of grass out front and see how the weed problem is (minty ground ivy something or the other i forget the name creeping charlie or ground ivy, whichever the minty fresh one is..). :)

the gardens are still too wet from melting snow and rains to get into. they look ok considering they've been through a winter and nothing was touched.

the trees on the other hand. much chewed on... :( oh well as people say they were here first...

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s supposed to stay mostly dry this afternoon but the rain is supposed to be back again Friday. I Haare no idea how much rain we’ve gotten this month but every has been permanently soggy.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
none of the weeds were up yet. so i tried to sight in the air gun. in between the gun not being super consistent and me shaking and the wind. it was kind of a lost cause. a chipmunk even wandered by and i could not get it. lucky creature this day... i like to think that really it was just a sign for me to get the rat traps out, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow (yeah, that's a good enough excuse, i really don't want to do this today anyways)... *whew!*

i did get a few weeds pulled out of a pathway so that was progress.

now if i wanted to i could go around and pick up rabbit and deer pellets off the pathways. hmm, for some reason that doesn't appeal to me either. :) funny that...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll put this in the Weather thread. It gives me a chance to say that it was such a nice morning - a quiet, sunny time. Of course, I spent it indoors 🙄.

Well ... there were a lot of tomato seeds to get started. The greenhouse was nice and warm by 10 but it was 27°f (-3°C) to start off and I'm not turning the heat on so that I can stand out there and drop seeds ;).

No, I took up my usual position in the utility room with some seedlings in the South Window, keeping me company from the next room. I've gotta tell you, if you don't keep track of your planted containers in a warm but relatively dark kitchen, ON A TWICE DAILY ROUTINE MINIMUM, you sure can get in trouble when seeds emerge! The seed for tomato varieties needing the most time were sown a few days ago. One container was a berry box with all those holes in the bottom. It seemed a little dry yesterday so I put it in some water, took it out to drip a little, then slipped it in a plastic bag to better hold the moisture. BOOM. By this morning I had seedlings crawling around looking for light in every direction!

I think that I have them sorted out and as gently as I could. They not only spent the morning in the sunny South Window but are being left there in the cool room, overnight. I had an errand to run just about noon and the clouds moved in for the afternoon.

So after lunch, out under the overcast I went to prune the peach tree. Something of a job with a few big branches coming off of it. I'll have to get back to it with some sulfur spray. Day's done. No robins showing up yet. It shouldn't be long with a few more days as comfortable as this one. It was nearly 60°f (16°C) with only the gentlest of breezes.

Steve
& did you enjoy the moon :)?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Picture of the sunrise in the East. There’s a huge fairly slow moving line of storms that’s been thundering for 20min and lighting up the sky on the other side.
73D37CBC-3648-4B3A-A199-7F175F5EB4C7.jpeg

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another round of storms coming through tonight. We’ve had a bit a rain of lightning but right now it’s creepy out. Almost dark with clouds racing but no wind. Almost 80 and humid. The ozone smell is strong.

Latest posts