Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
After a long dry spring and summer with too perfect temps from April till mid July; it started raining. In the last 6 days; we’ve had 3.6 inches of rain, which we expect late in August. We’ve broken all the records, some since they started keeping records.😳
currently it’s moderating and suppose to “ be more normal” for the remainder of our season! I guess we’ll see; thank you Lord for the rain that put the dozens of wild fires out.

i'm glad the storms have helped with the fires! i'd been watching the Hermit's Peak fire for a while because of relatives living in that area and then the monsoons came along and helped put that one out.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
plenty of rain last night and into today. several rounds of pretty heavy rains at times. i'd say at least three inches of rain so far based upon puddles (yes! actual puddles!) and how heavy it has been coming down. the farmers will be happy as we've needed a good soaker for at least a month or more. we've had bits of rain here or there which has kept the fields going, but not a really good drench like this.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
For some of you without the rains and cooling, maybe this will be of help:

6568C019-308E-4806-B60A-E6460266BE3E.jpeg

:)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heavy storms rolled through yesterday. Normally those either split up or deteriorate before reaching us... until mid- to late-summer, when the lakes warm up. This time the storms arrive in afternoon thunderstorm "prime time", and we had 60-70 MPH winds, heavy rain, and some hail. The gardens mostly came through it OK, other than the corn being knocked down & some of the pole beans taking a beating. But a lot of branches down, and a couple trees down on my street. DD & I both lost power for about 10 hours.

Oh, and DD was storing pool floaties in the greenhouse. Guess why they are out in the yard. :( I just barely had enough good panels to fix the greenhouse this year; now I'll have to either order more panels, or replace the grrenhouse (the latter option is probably cheaper).
20220724_174629.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
oodles of noodles?

when i checked the rain guage (straight sided bucket sitting out in the bean garden) it had about four inches of rain in it. all puddles were soaked in by last night. the ditch out front wasn't even flowing yet. that's how dry it has been where the mostly clay soil could soak up that much rain. normally that much rain would have puddles and some run off.

a normal month here is three inches of rain so in one series of storms we had over a month's worth of rain. this will help us get back out of the drought category which was starting to show up on the maps. farmers will be very happy - it was starting to look pretty curly out there in the corn fields.

Last edited: