Your Weather, 2022

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Predicted Freeze for Thursday morning. Change in the forecast, so I hope they are wrong.
If true, I have posted to my Salsa Party (#12: "I am gonna make it...through this year...if it kills me") for Saturday, October 8th, expect the kitchen table to be covered with tomatoes.
CORRECTION: Friday morning, 31

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Predicted Freeze for Thursday morning. Change in the forecast, so I hope they are wrong.
If true, I have posted to my Salsa Party (#12: "I am gonna make it...through this year...if it kills me") for Saturday, October 8th, expect the kitchen table to be covered with tomatoes.
CORRECTION: Friday morning, 31
About the same forecast here. If true, the killing freeze is right on schedule; but I'll hold my breath to see what actually happens. Hurricanes often disrupt the jet stream, and dam up the west-to-east flow... for good or ill.

My thoughts & prayers for all of those in Florida & the Atlantic coast who are being impacted by Hurricane Ian. 🙏

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
foggy again this morning, sunny and breezy forecast for later today. so a pretty normal day here. it did get down to low 40sF last night so that too is fairly normal for this time of the season.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This summer was very dry here and I wonder if that might have been responsible for bleaching the color out of some of my plants. Maple tree leaves and the leaves on the wild milkweed plants were edged in white around the normal green. It was as if someone had painted the outer part of each leaf with white paint, leaving the center parts green. Also I purchased a new daylily plant that was pictured as having orange flowers with darker orange centers, yet when it bloomed the flowers were pale yellow around the centers (centers were dark orange as advertised). I never expect much from a newly planted daylily, but this phenomenon was strangely similar to the oddly colored leaves on the plants and trees. Could dry weather have caused this odd effect, do you think?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
not speaking of my weather this time but i am glad to see recent rains happening for Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. a bit of a continuation of the monsoons or now maybe seasonal weather but the really good news is that these rains have set up the ground moisture to be higher and now when it rains it is actually giving improved river flows. this is a big difference for a lot of areas so great news and a big help to busting the drought out there and getting more water in the reservoirs.

i just hope this keeps up and keeps going so they have an above average water year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we didn't get frosted last night but the temperatures are in the mid 30sFish range. two more evenings coming up this week with similar temperatures. this should shut down pretty much the rest of the garden plants.

nice daytime temperatures for the next several days so i can get a fair amount of things done outside. :) chances of showers now for Tue-Thur but by then i should be ready for a break.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
0CEBC80C-97F4-4EE4-9354-E4DB2E9CCFC7.jpeg

The southern sky just at sunrise.

Continuing pleasant weather with the prospect of the latest ever 80° afternoon. Only the slightest chance of rain in the forecast.

If I understand right, while @Alasgun had a very rainy growing season, Vancouver Island did NOT. Strange extremes not too far apart.

Steve

Latest posts