Your Weather, 2022

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We awoke to a dreary morning AND forecast for the week. It rained all night and it’s possible that by Tuesday it will turn to snow😏
If i can get one hour this afternoon to trim up and mulch the Strawberries i will be 100% winter ready. I cant remember a year where the fall has been so perfect in that regard. All of the years projects were completed and we even got a good start on a couple for next year.

With the impending weather change critters are moving about a bit and while i set here online; this young Moose came thru sampling the left overs. In this case all that’s available are some sweet peas on the OUTSIDE of the garden fence. It’s a poor phone picture and the neighbors worthless dog came limbering thru at the wrong time so the Moose was moving away.
His mane’s up and he’s showing the dog his teeth🙂 Id like nothing better than for the Moose to stomp a mud hole right in the middle of the dog!

Attachments

• B70A3645-2466-4CC7-A7D7-8C39FE042364.jpeg
    B70A3645-2466-4CC7-A7D7-8C39FE042364.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 41

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My back area is infected with so many of these nasty little things that look very similar too the sower keeled slug.

I'm afraid of my chickens getting ill because of them 😔

i don't know anything about those slugs at all. not finding too much that says they're toxic or not, but i could also be missing something too and for sure i don't know what chickens might be succeptible to either.

i'd say that if you've not had any chickens dying from them by now they're probably not that toxic. but that's the extent of my guess ... do you have an agricultural extension service there you can ask?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Frost, frost, frost, we already had three consecutive nights with bad frost. I believe that it's almost the end of 2022 Dahlias.

However, I also figured out some unaffected spots. Understanding the micro-climate in the garden helps arrange the proper places for different plants.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to use @ducks4you 's Windows open, Windows closed but I can't.

Kinda funny that we had a "cold front" come through from the coast yesterday but it is warmer this morning than previous mornings, 40° and now 43°. The high was a tad bit lower but average won't show "cold."

Difference was clouds, smoke and wind !

Rain would have been appreciated but I didn't have much needing done outdoors. As it was, I appreciated staying in despite the comfortable temperatures inside or out and I walked the Indoor Mile for some daily exercise.

Smoke from a fire in the Cascades near British Columbia is supposed to have cleared somewhat for today. BC had some rain so maybe some dampened that fire and others.

I will valiantly go off for the bivalent COVID booster if'n having the Pfizer after the Moderna is okay. From what I have read at government and universities websites, it is. I'll ask again at the pharmacy. (Encouraged that Pfizer is approved for 12 year olds and that is what is available ;).)

We used to have free candy given with our vaccines but probably that was just for pre-teens. Altho .... 12 is pre-teen!

Stevie