Your Weather, 2022

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well not to rub it in but I'm in Florida for a week and it's a beautiful, sunny, breezy and cool 72degrees! I'm sending some sunshine to each of you!

This palm tree bloom has 10 honey bees on it! And one huge wasp!

Attachments

• 20220110_092036.jpg
    20220110_092036.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 130

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well not to rub it in but I'm in Florida for a week and it's a beautiful, sunny, breezy and cool 72degrees! I'm sending some sunshine to each of you!

This palm tree bloom has 10 honey bees on it! And one huge wasp!
That sounds so nice!! We can certainly use the sunshine here, it's another rainy day in the land of eternal green.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been hearing extreme cold warnings all day. It is -34C/-29F now and in a couple hours it will go to -40C/-40F. This is scary level cold, they've been reminding all day that you can get frostbite within a matter of minutes if unprepared. My poor dog runs when I open the door, we have to drag him out by his hind quarters. Normally very pedestrian about his outings, he is running top speed to get back in. I saw a woman outside the store I went to this evening crying from the cold (leggings are not the right pants right now) while seemingly waiting for her late ride. How do wild animals survive this, my goodness.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You are correct @heirloomgal -40 is a scary level of cold; and something most will never experience. My heart goes out to “legging lady”, poor thing.
we have a sizable homeless population in this state, and every year when the cold is deep or extended folks perish. Some of the wild animals perish as well but most are adapted to this weather.

ironically this is the time of year we settle in for “our 2-3 cold months” and by late February we feel as though we’ve turned the corner. This year it dipped early and has remained several months already. It looks like we’ll be warming some this week and are seeing numerous snow predictions now.

on a bright note; i’ll breed a couple rabbits on Saturday and about this time next month will begin the planting season by starting the celery & parsley.

Latest posts