Your Weather, 2022

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
you know you may be thinking you've had a bad day, but you've not had a volcano blow up right under or next to ya... that was some crazy stuff right there...
I bet that one effects the weather this spring and summer. It seemed HUGE! Would you guess blocked light means colder spring?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet that one effects the weather this spring and summer. It seemed HUGE! Would you guess blocked light means colder spring?

i'm guessing no measurable difference from this one event, but that this volcano has in the past had sequences of events over years may mean a cumulative effect that is measurable.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i'm guessing no measurable difference from this one event, but that this volcano has in the past had sequences of events over years may mean a cumulative effect that is measurable.
Its been erupting a while now. Videos on youtube showing the satellite clip have 55,000 foot altitude and claims it is the largest ever recorded by satellite. One pointed out how much water steam was in the cloud and that may saturate ash and make it drop fast

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather related:

I haven't seen the sun for several days but .... We passed the 9 hour day mark, today.

"Where the light is, and each thing clear,
Separate from all others, standing in its place,
I drink the time and touch whatever's near."
~ D Schwartz

Steve
remembering from your German class, the word (name) "schwartz"

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather related:

I haven't seen the sun for several days but .... We passed the 9 hour day mark, today.

i see cloudy rainy weather going through your area again this morning. snow?

snows have missed us and gone south the past few weeks. it has snowed a little but always not enough to actually stick or add to what is already on the ground. it is doing that right now. a few light flakes.

remembering from your German class, the word (name) "schwartz"

black. had to figure it out as i certainly did not remember and don't think i got that far anyways to begin with.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had 4/10ths of an inch of rain, @flowerbug .

There was a time when it was raining fairly hard, still, I was surprised seeing the totals. Becoming very accustomed to measurements at a fraction of that (while trying to figure out how the WS determines raindrops not sufficient to roll off the hood of a car).

It was raining even a couple thousand feet higher than here. The snow in the yard has been through several sprinkles and hours of melting but has become very crusty with so much re-freezing. I imagine that it is similar at higher elevations and staying put. Certainly, hope so.

Names humor me :). They are such recent inventions for so many families that it is very possible to determine or guess their origins.

Steve
hoping today to see some sunshine

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Names humor me :). They are such recent inventions for so many families that it is very possible to determine or guess their origins.

Steve
hoping today to see some sunshine

don't get a sunburn! it is cold and sunny here this morning. the forecast high is 21F. this is the hunker down part of winter for us - about six weeks of gradually getting longer days that can be very cold and stormy.

most of the family names here are related to physical features: water, hill, heath and color.

Latest posts