Your Weather, 2022

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
rescue parties

no avalanche
I woke up to 35°f (2°C) and rain. Two of the 3 Cascade Passes are closed; one of those had just opened and closed, almost immediately. i-90's Snoqualmie is only 3,000 feet elevation and it's just above freezing and also raining ... on all of that snow.

Into Montana is open. A few days ago, after only checking the ID side while it was the MT side that was closed. Yikes! Few people would have benefitted to drive into the Rockies with no way out but the way they came. I assume that the highway department would have notices on the highway even if they aren't sharing on the internet 🙄.

It will take some melting to clear the snow where I have piled it beside the driveway but we may be on the way. Frozen ground beneath, I guess that some of this moisture will just recharge the atmosphere, blow over the mountains into the Arctic cold and Canada.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of you will be having that rare winter snowstorm this weekend. For some, it will be TWICE for 2022 and not feel quite that rare this time.

Others will have what they get every winter.
We haven't had the right snow for snow sculptures, yet. There's plenty on the ground even after a little rain and afternoon thawing. Buuuttt, it's full of crunchy ice. I was a little surprised to see the family down on the corner right away with a snowman. No real noticeable melting ... Young people with little kids. I'm pretty sure that the lady was the person with a pet rabbit and cage out in the yard during the summer.

Well, you know who these people are in your neighborhood, don't you??

Screenshot_20220115-064301_kindlephoto-413859274.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
cold and clear here today, will be colder tonight, windy and colder. such is winter. the big storm has mostly gone south of us. that's ok. i'm sure we'll get something else eventually to make up for it.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This was the temp at 6 this morning at a nearby airport. We actually went lower than -40C/-40F, with the wind chill factor. I posted this in F. What a COLD winter this is turning out to be. I am SO thankful it's only going to -34C/-20C tonight. You'd think it wouldn't make that much difference, but I'm noticing that it does.🥶🥶🥶

06:00
30.png

Clear
-22 (-21.8)N 9-4270-2930.715

I checked if this was a record breaker, but no. Jan 2014, we got to -35C/-31F with a windchill that brought us to -48C/-54F. Geez, I have no recollection of that. I guess when you get older you start noticing weather more.

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s raining now and it’s supposed to transition to snow tomorrow. They are forecasting about 1/2 an inch of will stick but that doesn’t mean much. Depending on how cold it gets we could get anywhere between 0-6 inches. Accumulation forecasts don’t mean anything down here.

Latest posts