Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
they did not have a frost warning in our forecast yesterday or last evening, but this morning i wake up to that. i look out and i can't really tell if we got frosted or not. since i'll have to water today i'll get a chance to see how the bean plants are doing (i didn't cover them :( ). hopefully they'll be ok.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hard to believe that I had to bring all the plants inside due to near-frost temps just last Thursday. Five days later, it's 89 F. degrees - a record high. Went out to the greenhouse to check the plants... with the door & both roof vents fully open, it was 110 F. in there! :th So had to pull all of the plants out onto a table, and water them heavily to revive their drooping spirits.

I can't leave the plants out over-night unprotected, or the nightly deer raid would certainly find them. Might need to bring them in again - to keep them cool. :rolleyes: Keeping myself cool as well. I'll go out about 5:00 PM or so to plant; that will probably be the daily routine for the next few days. We'll be in the low 90's Wednesday.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i was cold today and the house was about 73F. went outside to check on something and to turn off the faucet and that was all it took to warm me up enough.

if you need to dehydrate something quick this weather is a good time to do that. i think our humidity is about 25%.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The First Day of June -- we can look back on the month of May.

Here, it was the hottest on record (140+ years). And yet, the final day of the month couldn't have been more "normal," for the date. One Degree F warmer in the afternoon and One Degree F cooler in the morning. It doesn't mean that we will not be returning to higher than normal temperatures, the WS assures us that this isn't so. I was able to put away most of the fans and still haven't set up the AC despite being very tempted to during the record-breaking days!

I guess, that I may as well take down the temporary hoophouse -- earliest date in its 20+ year history of vanishing from our yard in June.

Steve

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smokin' hot. I took a slight risk with beaver fever yesterday to swim in an unfamiliar creek and cool off. Never swam next to a beaver lodge before!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are having a crazy-good dry spell here; almost no rain last week other than a few sprinkles, and no rain likely for the week ahead. Hot & dry, grass turning brown... it's like a SoCal summer. 😎 That is giving me the chance to actually get all the gardens planted, whether or not I get help. I personally count that as a great blessing; but for the farmers, not so much.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 51°f (11°C) this morning. The WS doesn't show any cooler temperatures in the forecast. So, our little return to normal has ended.

It's a little difficult to shift gears so quickly to Summer behavior, re gardening. Blossoms in the yard are rather quickly passing their prime. Good thing I'm not much for dead-heading ;). It will be done. If the view to the SE isn't bright with color, turn E, W or N! Sheesh!

Oh, this feels nice :). No AC just yet. A few fans indoors running and nearly all the windows open. It's 5:30 AM with plenty of cool, fresh air indoors :).

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We still had no rain, and tomorrow is the third week....
The greywater helps a lot, I have to admit.
7975.jpg

Latest posts