Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
90⁰f yesterday afternoon
66⁰f this afternoon
32⁰ and 19⁰ on the Celsius scale

The change arrived with a LOT of wind. It rained a little here.

A good day to stay out of the garden.

yes, we don't want you out in the storms getting lit up like a christmas tree! :)

when we say we like fried potatoes that's not what we mean...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
looks like this round of rain is going to miss us (we're right in the gap again) but since it was getting so dark out there i decided to wrap it up for now. if there is enough of a break i'll go back out for some more planting.

[later edit]

and then we got something after all! yay! even a light rain is better than nothing. still chances for later. i was talking with my brother on the phone about it maybe raining and how this seemed to have missed us and then there were drops on the roof so hey, a good deal as far as i'm concerned because now i'm willing to not water for now and to see what the afternoon may bring. if nothing happens then i'll go out later and make sure there's enough water on the more recently planted beans so they can properly sprout and pop up through the ground. :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
been teased all day by sprinkles, four or five times, nothing too much but just enough to give me hopes for more. will have to water everything tomorrow at least enough to keep it moist so seeds can sprout and will keep everything growing, but it sure is not optimal like some good rains would be right now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot and miserable here. Under extreme heat warning. Humidity isn’t helping. In a minute or two, I’m dripping sweat like a water faucet. Temperature in the high 90’s and hitting 100F.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's going to get up to 80F today and there's no rain in the forecast again for the next week. high temperatures too coming back along with the hotter weather. the high forecast to get up to about 90F again. the humidity is increasing some and we did have some fog this morning. that is how a lot of plants are getting any moisture at all, dewfall and fog harvesting...

so back to watering regularly and then planting as much as i can get done before it gets too hot outside.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're destined for very similar weather @flowerbug, not quite 90 but upper 80's for sure in the next week. I'm looking forward to it.

they've moderated the forecast for a few days so for that i'm glad, but also now there are signs of rain in the forecast so i hope we'll get some rains at last. good luck up there! :)

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have much needed rain for today and tomorrow, with a daily high temperature of 12C(53F). Yes, you read that right. It is mighty chilly. I put on a warm rain coat and bumped up what will likely be the last of my tomato starts, working under the cover of a pop-up tent. It was a bit sloshy by the end, but it felt good to get it done. Starting Wednesday it looks like very summery weather that even the pepper plants will like! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
– it's 42°f (6°C) outdoors. I was out briefly. What has it been, 6+ weeks since we had the furnace on?

daily high temperature of 12C(53F). Yes, you read that right. It is mighty chilly.
Slightly warmer this morning but I'm wondering where our promised rain has gone. So, maybe this afternoon?

DS is visiting family in NE Oregon, about 250 miles south. He said that it was 31° this morning (0°C).

Steve, getting by with having things on the stove, doors closed in other parts of the house and not turning furnace on

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally we have some rain!
P_20230622_173425.jpg

Latest posts