Your Weather 2023

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We need rain, we really NEED rain. It was the best chance for rain last night. We got .02 and not far away they got a nice all-day shower. So jealous. Today was cold, overcast, windy. Topped out at 69. Felt much cooler. Not good for the towns Annual Strawberry Festival. But I still wanted to to rain!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got about 1/2" of rain yesterday - followed by a strong cold front. Today was breezy, and never got above 60 F. degrees. Brrrr. Had to turn the heat back on, and bring some tender transplants back in. Frost advisory for northern Wisconsin & points west of me tonight.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just posted a pic of the meeting of the two large drains that go through our property which drain about a square mile each. barely running. rains today will help the ground, but there won't be much runoff from this event so far. it has come down slowly and that is good because then it has a chance to soak in instead of just running off.

DSC_20230609_094056-0400_1996_Twogether_thm.jpg

see my comments in my stubbed toes thread cuz i'm too tired to write 'em again and gonna fall asleep in a few moments... been a long day and not that i've managed to get much done, but i'm ready to crash out... zzzz...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We need rain, we really NEED rain. It was the best chance for rain last night. We got .02 and not far away they got a nice all-day shower. So jealous. Today was cold, overcast, windy. Topped out at 69. Felt much cooler. Not good for the towns Annual Strawberry Festival. But I still wanted to to rain!
We are in need of the storms we were promised from our weather forecast that was wrong again

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Really burning up here. The temperature is crazy

We had a thunder clap two days ago and huge blotches of rain that stopped within a minute. I'd never seen rain like it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom was cold this morning so we turned on the heat. chances of rain today and i hope it works out. in case it doesn't rain i will go out and water a little to make sure the seeds have enough moisture to keep sprouting. i may also take a few minutes to plant another few hundred bean plants.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to turn my heat back on too last night; not for my sake, but for the plants. :rolleyes:

Non-stop rain here, an all-day soaking... but only about an inch total so far. The gardens & farms really needed this, not to mention the lawns (which usually don't turn this brown until August). But I'm always concerned about newly-planted beans rotting during long, cold rains. I've started backups indoors for anything which hasn't already germinated.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to turn my heat back on too last night; not for my sake, but for the plants. :rolleyes:

Non-stop rain here, an all-day soaking... but only about an inch total so far. The gardens & farms really needed this, not to mention the lawns (which usually don't turn this brown until August). But I'm always concerned about newly-planted beans rotting during long, cold rains. I've started backups indoors for anything which hasn't already germinated.
Glad to hear you are getting rains. We are still under a burn ban and really need rain. The .02 was no help. Our tomatoes are looking very sad. I hope some survive. Our yard also looks like an August lawn. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
rain missed us yesterday, foggy this morning, will be clear today so that means more bean planting for me (outside the fenced gardens so it is all bulk beans because they might get eaten by deer) for a few hours exercise. when i get tired enough or it gets too hot that will be enough exercise.

forecast for tomorrow is rain in the afternoon. that would be nice.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
90⁰f yesterday afternoon
66⁰f this afternoon
32⁰ and 19⁰ on the Celsius scale

The change arrived with a LOT of wind. It rained a little here.

A good day to stay out of the garden.

Latest posts