Your Weather 2023

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wednesday, 3 inches of snow, and a storm that didn't live up to it's hype.
Yesterday, light snow, wind from the west, only about 4 inches on the ground, but blowing/drifting made driving dangerous,.
Today, snow it about an hour, then high of 41, tomorrow, high of 47.
One advantage, I can hack away at the Fall gardening cleanup jobs I didn't get to.
Here in the PNW we have been enjoying high 40s to lower 50s for a couple weeks. Saturday we will get a Northerly which will bring the "high" temps into the lower 20s! Burrr!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
pretty much the same here, cold and blowing light snow. nothing major. good days to be inside @digitS' i sure would not want to be out in this sort of wind. and now the days are starting to get notibly longer again and that is a good thing. :)

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
-28C/-18F this morning with the wind chill. Not quite as cold right now, but the snowy wind is howling and fierce. Combined with the towering snowbanks and the dark grey skies it's not very cheerful out there! I can't wait for March already. ⏲️

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Watching the light snow though my east window. It is blowing from the south and once in awhile a fat flake will drift over, hesitate and look in on me.
Sounds like a poem my mother used to recite. One night in particular she was reciting it as we walked through freshly fallen snow to our mailbox which was almost a mile from the house. It didn't snow very often, but this time it snowed 3 feet! It was dark outside with the moon shining down on the sparkling snow. Beautiful forest surrounded us.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had a nice bit of snow last night, about eight inches worth. not too much blowing and warm enough for the moment. i think it will get colder this week so the snow should stick around a while. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ack! what!!!!??

"
Sunday
Cloudy, with a high near 37. Breezy.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Monday Night
Cloudy, with a low around 32.
Tuesday
Cloudy, with a high near 42. Breezy.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
Wednesday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your weather forecast looks like ours, @flowerbug . Except, our rain with snow above 3,000ft may come Sunday.

That's not quite "upper elevations" here and folks deciding to live in more remote areas will have to be dealing with it.

Not long after I first moved here and having thought that I would be okay living at 3,000ft, I ventured into a little valley on a 4th of July weekend. There was only one house built in the valley, in some cleared pastureland. Probably built during the Depression, there was no one living there. Roads came in from the South but I had hiked in through several miles of forest after following an abandoned logging road along the river and venturing up the creek.

We camped on the creek, a mile or so from the old homestead. A pleasant spot but it froze that night!

Already a young gardener, I decided that 3,000ft was nowhere for me to put down roots. A couple of years later, I moved to 2,500 feet and had enuf trouble with warm-weather crops there. (Migrated another 500 feet downhill, later ;).)

Steve

Latest posts