Your Weather 2023

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The temperature suddenly drops and the weather warning popped out - Frost incoming!
7125_0.jpg

Take cover!
7124.jpg

Retreat, retreat!
7126_0.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it's happening quite well if you pay attention.

in recent times in some places you can recharge your car on almost complete renewable energy. the mid-west is pretty far behind in that regards but will also improve as time goes on. it is now cheaper than coal, oil or natural gas to use wind and solar plus battery storage.
Butting in here
Cheaper for now, the greed gang will soon have us running around and spending cash to keep their wallets fed
the economics of less moving parts and fewer things to break has already been transforming manufacturing. etc.

the information is out there for those who look for it.

examples are working for those who are doing it.

as the overall mix of energy generation moves towards lower carbon emissions (it is now because the economics are driving the change) that means that no matter what happens with that energy next it is contributing less and less to the problem of increasing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

one way of dealing with a problem is to not dig the hole deeper.
What about the ships and planes? Do you think that they will all be battery run to?
in terms of life and diversity on this planet we're not going to improve things by making it hotter, more violent weather or increasing the population of humans beyond what the planet can reliably sustain. if you kill off your support system that means it can reliably sustain less and less.
Agreed

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
some already are, and they're working on it for sure. in some cases it may not really work out well and they'll just use synthetic or biofuels instead.
That's a shame.

We would have clearer air and much cleaner waters if they could sort that out. But I reckon planes would be dodgy for a while

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a shame.

We would have clearer air and much cleaner waters if they could sort that out. But I reckon planes would be dodgy for a while

for short hops it is viable. the challenge is for much longer hauls.

for ships it might be possible to do a lot more because they are so bulky to begin with. give it ten years and we'll see where it goes.

some talk of using sails again. i think that would be interesting. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it just started raining! at last. earlier today there was what looked like a reasonably strong enough squall line coming at us that i hoped we'd get some rain from that but it fizzled out and broke up as it went through the valley (which can happen). so now there is another round coming through and some moisture is hitting the ground. :)

of course i went out and watered after this morning's chance failed, so some plants are getting a 2nd round. it will be ok for them, rainwater is almost always better than wellwater.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Record afternoon heat. High 80's F (30+ C) records, yesterday and today.

I just had the sprinkler on in the hoop house. Incredibly hot in there but it only seems to be the kale that is suffering. The hoop house has always stayed up through May and into, at least, the first half of June.

And then, there have been those years when I have complained that the outdoors doesn't warm until July.

🔥 Steve

Latest posts