Your Weather, 2024

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Branching Out ,

The Reuters News Service is providing news to their international audience about your weather, school closures and air traffic problems.

We have had about 7" of snow so far but are supposed to have a break tomorrow and then another storm that night. I have been out 4 times to move around the light stuff. It was 14°f (-10°C) here this morning. So ... it was warmer by 1° than @baymule 's farm in Texas!

Nice to have some warming. That's supposed to continue but I hope that the change doesn't happen quickly with the soil frozen to a good depth. The ag people have a couple of stations measuring soil temp at about 4" and it is 19 & 20 °f (-7 & -6 °C). The soil was frozen before but absolutely plunged beginning the 11th, to even lower.

Steve
Our weather often heads toward your place Steve, but this storm came to us from the south (so maybe you'll be spared). It turns out that today is the 10th snowiest day on record for Vancouver-- and the day is not over yet! We have about a foot of snow on our deck; the 12" ruler hardly shows in this photo. Next up: ice pellets. That should be fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_155406206.jpg
    IMG_20240117_155406206.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 29

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hear you @ducks4you, i like to think we’re more prepared than most sane people. Sometimes i feel guilty when we’re that “island of light” as i have 3 families with small kids in the culdisac.

@flowerbug, this is my fireplace which i built before Y2K! Since then i’ve fired it less than a dozen times but it’s more than capable for anything id need.
That looks really lovely 😍

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in the "other Vancouver" and for the fourth day, almost everything is closed. Banks, schools, businesses, post office, government, etc. Too much ice and another winter warning starting at 10 a.m. today.

Our lower pasture, two nites ago. That is all ice!

Attachments

• IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 28

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm in the "other Vancouver" and for the fourth day, almost everything is closed. Banks, schools, businesses, post office, government, etc. Too much ice and another winter warning starting at 10 a.m. today.

Our lower pasture, two nites ago. That is all ice!
Oh my goodness-- pretty to look at, but not fun for those who have to be out on the roads. ☃️

Latest posts