Your Weather

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not gonna get my walk in this morning. Went out to start and had to return for my camera.
Sunrise rainbow.JPG

Started again to find two cats I don't have were following me down the road. Too dangerous, even for not my cats, so I returned home just as the first sprinkles started to fall.

It's going to be a rainy day so walking at the farm center or grocery store might be my only chance.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The preceding post SHOULD have posted at six-something this morning. I expected a drizzly day, but the sun came out early enough that I did get my walk in. It turned out to be a really nice day -- if a bit too hot for vigorous walking and me at 83-ish (with humidity).

Hotter tomorrow and even hotter and more humid by Friday. Then we are predicted to drop drastically into highs in the 70s. Sure, like that's going to bother me. Hah!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Colorful features to a dimly lit morning, @Smart Red . We are under a searing Wild West sun, daily.

I had a walk, yesterday afternoon. It was 93°F and I traveled an extra 1500 ft ... figuring I get plenty of exercise during the mornings but I am tired of hunkering down indoors because of the afternoon heat.

Besides, the water department people had been one road over doing something and I was curious. Felt like, cutting through my good neighbor's driveway, backyard and "our" shed against our back fence ... but he wasn't home. Hung up my sweat soaked shirt and took my second shower of the afternoon when I got home!

If the heat continues, I'll be back to walking my "indoor mile" after a 5 month hiatus just to stretch my legs, wake up from dozing off in the lazyboy, and clear my head from reports of national nonsense.

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hate when it is too hot to move around, unless I am by a body of water. It is going to be in the 80's today, but is only 60 degrees right now. Perfect time to head out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our afternoons will fall short of 90° for one day, because of wind. That really ups the fire danger ... maybe it won't be too windy :fl ...

Back to the nineties for the weekend. Sunday should be the 25th day for the thermometer to have topped out above 90° this year. It's taken nearly three months but I'm wondering if we might have 1/3rd of the days in June, July and August with that much heat!

The clear, cool nights are saving us a lot of discomfort. By Sunday, they will be 2 hours longer than they were at the summer solstice - from 8 hours to 10. I won't be rejoicing the loss of 2 hours of daylight but the full moon after all the afternoon heat is really making things easier.

Steve
window open, 3 floor fans humming, 2 ceiling fans shooting indoor heat up, up and away!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I meant ..

. ceiling exhaust fans, @Smart Red .

The rooms in this house are so small, a large blade ceiling fan would be intimidating! At 9' so they aren't claustrophobic ... a little cubical :).

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am always amazed at the number of beer bottles I find in my yard near the road. must be a lot of driving and drinking going on.
On the country roads we walk here, we find litter and liquor bottles in the same places consistently. I think it is the same person every night that grabs some fast food on the way home, eats it while driving, and disposes of the evidence before they get home. Also for the drinking. This is most likely from underage drinkers, throwing out all the empties so mom or dad won't see in the morning.
My DH, in his new-found energy, has decided to try to keep a couple of local creek recreation areas near our house cleaned up. The Conservation Department has been leaving mesh Stream Team bags at the bridges, in hopes the partyers will fill the bags with their trash, rather than leave trash around the camp fires or throw in the creeks. DH goes a couple times a week to collect the full bags and leave empties. He is gratified to see that people are actually using the bags, and is finding the gravel bars much cleaner. Maybe a small indication that hope is not lost.

Latest posts