Your Weather

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well they at noaa were waaaaay off on this weegie board prediction for this Afternoon

"Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 85. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms".

just to just show you how wrong.. this is in the last 2 hours...2.32" and more to come....
hum wonder if the garden needs watering in the morning..:caf
photo (5).JPG

@murphysranch being from California i am sorry for your loss.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We came back to the mountains to see a loved friend who recently sold her place and move to LA to live with her daughter, she lived with her daughter each winter anyway.

But she has rented a place to stay up here for a month, she could have stayed with us. We came back so we could see her as much as we could and in the case she needed us.
----------------
As we drove out of our place in the High Desert it was 103 f, when we got here it was 84 degrees f~today it was 75 f.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 93ºf this afternoon but we are scheduled for a change. There may be a sprinkle on each of the next 2 or 3 days. I'm really just talking about a sprinkle but ... the temperature is supposed to fall into low 50's with afternoons in the 70's!

Tuesday, we may have some actual rain but that might mean a 1/4", at best. Then back in the 80's.

I wonder how often we sneak through summer without breaking the 100º mark. I bet it's half our summers. Must be about 14+ days in the 90's this summer, tho. Hot enuf.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well we ended up with 2.89" yesterday evening.... have received 3.44" for august and 5.41" since 7/21/16.
yes have turned into a weather nerd..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 1pm it was 63°f :confused:.

I feel like I could be on the BC coast! Instead, I'm hundreds of miles inland with some of the tallest mountains in the 48 contiguous states between my home and salt water ...

It's supposed to gain 20° for an afternoon high of 83° between now and about 5pm. How it does that, I'm not sure :hu, I have yet to see the sun, today. It will be good if the tiniest sprinkle imaginable dries out and I can spray in the garden. There's one zucchini with squash bugs and the earwigs will NOT leave the dahlias alone!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 1pm it was 63°f :confused:.

I feel like I could be on the BC coast! Instead, I'm hundreds of miles inland with some of the tallest mountains in the 48 contiguous states between my home and salt water ...

It's supposed to gain 20° for an afternoon high of 83° between now and about 5pm. How it does that, I'm not sure :hu, I have yet to see the sun, today. It will be good if the tiniest sprinkle imaginable dries out and I can spray in the garden. There's one zucchini with squash bugs and the earwigs will NOT leave the dahlias alone!

Steve

We got a wonderful cloudburst over here that settled the road dust and filled my work boots on the back doorstep with water. It was really heavy rain for a bit. Complete with lightening and thunder. Loved it!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love a nice evening storm. Helps me sleep. :) Doesn't seem like we've had many thunderstorms this summer. And thankfully no damaging winds either.

The humidity finally broke today after nearly a month of oppressive heat. It was a nice breezy 80-something today. I'll take some more like that! Felt a lot like fall though. The cicadas were singing and I'm starting to see some color in the leaves of the pear trees and such.

Ava was at summer camp last week and passed out from heat exhaustion the first day. There was a heat advisory that day too. Don't know who in their right mind thinks it's acceptable to be running children around outside on an afternoon like that. She said water wasn't readily available either and they were discouraged from sitting out or taking breaks on their own. She'll not be going back to that one. Could have been much worse. I am not at all a worry wart, but that about did me in. Last thing on my mind was to worry about her as smart and independent as she is. I was really upset to hear it and how poorly it was handled. :\

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thunder, lightening and nice rain. I think the high was 72. I never pulled the pea plants next to the shed. They look wore out, only a few along one side, but I still find peas, and new flowers. We never set the pool up this year. First time in years no swimming in the yard. It was not worth all the work. DH used to do all that with the help of both DD and DS, but DD working all the time, DS really had no help, and we had chicken pox about the time we did have warm weather. We may have more rain tonight. I will start planting spinach, bok-choy and lettuce.

Latest posts