Your Weather

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you called the camp and ripped them a new one.

I've never been very good at that, but need to give it a try, lol. I wanted to talk to one of her chaperones first and see what she knew about it. But yes, they need to know so that they can (if they're diligent) improve their policies and procedures. Under the circumstances, I'd have to think that heat exhaustion could have occurred with other campers in the past.

I talked to the youth leader last night and he didn't even know about it. :confused: Ava was embarrassed and she and her friend didn't make a point of saying much about it. No adult saw her passed out. It was the friend who went back and found her. She said her chaperone gave her cold water at the cabin and had her go take a cool shower. No camp nurse (if there is one) was notified. I think that was also an error in the way it was handled. She felt somewhat sick off and on the rest of the week and also for a couple days since she has been home. I don't have a pediatrician right now since our insurance changed and dropped ours, so I had to pick a new one and made an appointment to have her checked out just in case.

Before Ava left, I said that I knew I could never send Savannah to this camp because the heat and strenuous activity would not be good for her heart.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The afternoon high was 10° below normal.

With a 13mph breeze, it felt decidedly cool sitting out in backyard shade at 76°. Rain has just begun falling now, in the predawn moments.

This little storm and, probably, the afternoon one following was a little difficult for the WS to see on the radar. It came over Oregon's Blue Mountains. I'm not suggesting that they put a radar station on top. There is a bottom, on the border. Hells Canyon is there with the Snake River. Deepest canyon in North America ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Canyon

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, we are having morning showers. The cottonwood trees' leaves are turning yellow and a few of them are falling. The street trees have been turning red since yesterday. Sure signs of an early FALL :caf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
20°f below normal, yesterday afternoon (65°).

Good Heavens! Missed a record by 4°.

Back to the nineties, maybe as early as Friday.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put some oregano in the dehydrator to warm the house up.
chilly.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot today. Hotter tomorrow. Then a storm comes through with cooler temps at the back side.

Gotta face the heat to feed and water the chickens soon. Let them out early this morning so they could stake out their cool spots.

Latest posts